Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest La_Pantera

Car vibration

Guest La_Pantera

Guest La_Pantera

I feel my car vibrating when engine is idle and when I'm accelerating in low rpm. My mechanic replaced a broken motor mount (the one behind/under the engine) but it still vibrates the same way and it doesn't matter if it's in 'R' or 'D'. The other mounts appear to be fine.

Anyone have ideas?

If I were in your shoes, I'd replace all 4 mounts. I have replaced 3 mounts, but I couldn't get a good torque on the nut of the last one, which is the Rear Centre mount. I had to climb under the car, removed a few other mounts, but cannot get a good grip and apply torque... So I'll leave it for another day.

Of the other 3 mounts I changed, 2 were broken. It's not easy to check if it's broken unless you take it out. It can appear fine to the naked eye, but all it takes is a crack and your car shakes like crazy.

Mine is a 93 Corolla, so I guess it should be in the same shape as yours. default_smile

Anyway, after changing the 3 mounts, my car runs as quietly as a church mouse. Well worth the effort.

Cost of the 4 mounts? My parts storkist charged me about USD 115.

Guest lAssendavey

Wouldn't you think an '04 would still be under warranty and the dealer should be doing this for nuthin?

Dave default_huh

Guest lAssendavey

OOPS.. sorry, read this as an '04, not '94.. oh well.. time to head to the parts store.

Dave

Topic List