Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Braddale, August 2, 2005

I have to take mine in next week, the air-cond. is barely working, only blowing slightly cool air. 2000 VE.

Has anyone else had any trouble with their air?

This was the reason I was reluctant to purchase a car with air, after 5 years can you start to expect troubles?

'99 LE 75+,000 miles with Air, no problems.

sooner than 5yrs depending on the brand of car you buy. you may just need a ac refill which wouldnt be suprising to have that happen given the yrs on that car.

Thats what I am hoping for, that it just needs to be recharged. I live in

Toronto Canada and we have extreme weather both hot and cold.

Max

Brad- was glad to hear there were no fatalities in the Toronto plane crash today. Someone was looking out for those folks!

Brad- was glad to hear there were no fatalities in the Toronto plane crash today.  Someone was looking out for those folks!

Nobody remembered how hard we were hit by SARS - twice and being the only place where someone died from it outside Asia - and the great North American blackout? <shrugs>

OTOH we did manage to escape all recent terrorist attacks. Thanks (PM Paul) Martin for not sending troops to Iraq.

Oh those folks on the plane? Yeah definitely.

I live in Toronto Canada and we have extreme weather both hot and cold.

Back to the basement in a feeble attempt to escape the heat. default_biggrin

Yes, I live in Toronto too. default_biggrin

EDIT:To keep myself on topic: The AC on my 99 LE is still going strong. I don't think it has been recharged.

Braddale

My compressor on my '99 Prizm just gave out on me a few weeks ago (actually, I just replaced it today). The air stopped blowing cold, and there were odd whirring noises that were RPM dependant coming from the compressor.

Most likely you'll just need a recharge, but you could possibly have a leak in your system (bad o-ring, cracked line, etc...). You'll generally be looking at $60 for a recharge.

Thanks for the replys.

I live about three miles from where the plane crashed and all you could smell outside was the smoke.

Hoping I can get away with a recharge, but if the cooling has diminished does that mean it is leaking?

I cant believe no one died in that crash. thats another example of an airport that could use a runway barrier.

Max

Nobody remembered how hard we were hit by SARS - twice and being the only place where someone died from it outside Asia - and the great North American blackout? <shrugs>

I'm sorry about those incidents, too. Sure didn't mean to offend...

Thanks for the replys.

I live about three miles from where the plane crashed and all you could smell outside was the smoke.

Hoping I can get away with a recharge, but if the cooling has diminished does that mean it is leaking?

It isn't uncommon for a recharge to be needed within five years.

At about 50-60 bucks a recharge, it may be worth it to have an inspection done, instead of recharging it and losing it right away due to a leak.

I don't think the inspection itself would take long and/or cost much. The risk always exists, of course, that you will be told there is a leak, where there is none.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)