Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1998 corolla airbag light

Guest jester

for the longest time now the airbag light on my 1998 corolla has been flashing. ive taken it to the shop and every time they tell me theres nothing wrong with the airbags. but when they turn off the light, a few days later it just comes back. i dont know if its the sensor on the airbag system or if its the airbag itself. i can cover it with black electrical tape but i just want this problem solved once and for all. anyone who can tell me whats going on and how to fix it?

jester.

If your dealer is telling you there is "nothing wrong", yet the light keeps coming back on after they reset the system, I would call their regional HQ and file a complaint. The light doesn't come on for kicks. Either the airbags have a problem, or the sensor that is supposed to monitor the airbags has a problem. Two scenarios could ensue: One, the airbags may deploy without warning at any time. You might be stopped, you might be going 65mph. Or two, the airbags will fail to go off in the event of a collision, which, although probably not as bad as a random deployment, is still bad.

If you've taken it to the dealer three times for this same issue without resolution, you may be able to process a claim under your state's "Lemon Law".

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)