Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Mud Flaps On Corolla 2000?

by bluechalice, July 17, 2005

I was driving along another 2000 corolla today and saw that they had mudflaps on both front and back wheels...didnt get to see if it was a VE CE or LE...mine is a VE and dont come with one...anyone else's have it? or did they added it on? I think someone else here asked a similar question too...

the part right behind my wheels are full of small splash marks from dirt and mud...and when I go to the car wash(self service...) I cant seem to get it off...do you guys use the foam brush at the car wash to wash your entire car? I use it but alway think it will scratch my car....

where I live I can only park on the side of the street...so I cant wash my car at home...it would be cool if I can get those mudflaps and add them on myself...

you can go to a junkyard and find some, the dealer will charge alot. theyre easy to put on, they just bolt on with a few screws.

I never use that car wash brush on my car, theyre wheel brushes but I wouldnt even use them on my wheels. I carry my own brushes there.

Hey 01loadedLE...how are you? thanks for replying...what kind of brush do you have? where did you get them from? I am assuming you use a soft bristle type brush on the body of the car when you wash? I think I need something like this too...cause for many years we didnt get to wash the car too often and its got a lot of caked up dirt on the body...I really wanna clean them off...I tried going to those car wash places where they wash for you...and yet its the same...and when I wash it myself..with those high pressure water thingy...and after washing....when I dry the car...wiping the cloth on the car body...you can see so much black stuff gets on the drying cloth...so that means it wasnt really cleaned...I really dont know whats the best way to clean it...and also its lots of water marks on the right side of the car...as it sometimes gets hit by the water sprinklers on the side of the streets we park at... default_sad

I have a long reach brush thats big enough to clean off the top of our van where I dont have to practically climb up there to wipe the roof clean. it hooks up to the water hose and it hasnt left any marks in the coat btw but I dont smash it into the paint I just graze across it lightly.

I have a small brush for wheel corners that the big one doesnt reach. walmart has them. I clean the car at home then take it to the car wash to rinse the white house water off that way it has no white spots on it later plus I save money doing most of the washing at home where I only have to use $.75 for one rinse.

I use a leather sham to dry the car then I use microfibre towels to remove any left over water marks.

just went out to the street to put rain x on...the original rain x was ok but the interior anti fog one is hard to get it on right..keeps leaving streaks even after I buff it many times...its like its oily or something....

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)