Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

New Member Introduces Himself

Guest tlmcca

Hello everyone,

My name is Terry McCann and I live in Glen Carbon, IL which is a suburb of St. Louis, MO. I've been the owner of a 2005 LE for about 48 hours.

I looked a the Prius but the newness of the technology put me off. I was interested in the Echo for the mileage, but was told I would not be able to get cruise control, something which was a must for me. I then looked at Corolla and was pleasantly surpized at the excellent mileage and the confort and convenience factors. When the dealer offered a price discounted of the MSRP, it was a no-brainer and I go from dropping into the dealership to take a look to driving the car home!

This vehicle will replace my 1997 Camry which my son will use. Our family has driven Toyota exclusively for the past 18 years with almost 500,000 miles without a breakdown.

I'll look forward to the discussions on this board and hope to contribute whatever I can as we go along.

Terry

Max

Welcome, Terry! What color didja get?

my grandparents got a prius and they love it. I must admit I dont like how hybrids are styled but the prius looks the best of them all I think. it actually doesnt look bad to me and the leather seats seemed comfortable too. it looks like it has plenty of room inside but I havent messed with driving it or learning to use the dash map, ect yet.

welcome to the site there's alot of help here if you'll wind up needing it, hopefully you wont for awhile yet.

Hi Terry and welcome to the forum.

You mention that cruise control is a "must" for you, and it is for me as well. I won't buy a car without it. But, what I want to know is, why is this in your case? The reason I ask is because even though I have it, I find myself not using it very much. Then again, 95% of my driving is in-city short trips, which doesn't really lend itself to use of the cruise. However, long trips in the Corolla would be impossible without it, and I belive that using it helps extract the best fuel mileage.

I know what you mean about hybrids looking wierd. If they made the Prius with normal-looking wheels, I'd be more interested in it myself. I don't know how big the Prius wheels are, but they look like 13's. Way too 70's. Why can't they make a Corolla hybrid that looks like a Corolla LE? Honda came out with a Civic Hybrid, and it looks like a "normal" Civic except for the badging. What's up with that?

Guest strawberry

hello and welcome! i'm a newbie here myself and really enjoy reading the posts. you will love your corolla-a really great car. as for mileage, i just checked mine at the last fill-up. i got 37.76mpg with mostly hiway miles in that run. i usually average 30-31 in the city. not bad at all. wouldn't own a prius myself-think they're kinda ugly.

Guest tlmcca

Max: I got the Desert Sand Mica. The dealer also had the Red Pearl, White, and Black, but we liked the Sand the best.

Larry: I have a 30 mile commute each way to work with about 90% of that being on the interstate, so I like to set my speed at 60 and relax in the RH lane.

Terry

larry,

same here those wheels may be 14's but they sure look like 13's. if I had a prius I'd slap 15's on it and that would help the looks alot. Ive never seen the civic hybrid, sounds like it may look better than the prius. all Ive ever seen is the ugly hybrids with the rear wheels covered by the fenders and that looks horrible. lol

Hi Terry and welcome to the forum.

You mention that cruise control is a "must" for you, and it is for me as well. I won't buy a car without it. But, what I want to know is, why is this in your case? The reason I ask is because even though I have it, I find myself not using it very much. Then again, 95% of my driving is in-city short trips, which doesn't really lend itself to use of the cruise. However, long trips in the Corolla would be impossible without it, and I belive that using it helps extract the best fuel mileage.

I know what you mean about hybrids looking wierd. If they made the Prius with normal-looking wheels, I'd be more interested in it myself. I don't know how big the Prius wheels are, but they look like 13's. Way too 70's. Why can't they make a Corolla hybrid that looks like a Corolla LE? Honda came out with a Civic Hybrid, and it looks like a "normal" Civic except for the badging. What's up with that?

New Prius comes with standart P185/65R15 tires

OUKB:

Hmmm, sounds like the standard size tires on the Corolla CE. For some reason, they seem really tiny on the Prius. I saw a new '04 or '05 Prius today, and noticed that the wheels had 5 lugs as opposed to the 4 the earler model had. I wonder if P195/65R15's are usable on the Prius? They'd at least look a bit more capable.

Topic List: Go to Introductions