Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2005 Le Upgrades....

by Rollah, June 12, 2005

I'm sure this topic has been posted somewhere before, but for some reason I cant search the forums. So here we go..

Has anyone tried installing OEM foglights on an LE model? It looks like the cutouts in the bumper are there, and maybe even the wiring as well. I did notice that in the 2005 owners manual it shows a different directional/light wand that has a rotating bezel to turn on the Fog lights. The LE version does not have this, so that might be an obstacle to installation. Has anybody on this forum successfully installed the foglights? Any advice on how to go about it?? Any infor would be much appreciated.

• 1,424 posts

I asked about this before I purchased my '05 LE. No one seemed to know if this mod was possible without major modifications to the car. After recieving the car, I looked for myself, and the answer is a resounding no. My friends '05 'S' has foglights and it has a totally different headlight switch as well as a different headlamp wiring harness. The car is also missing the necessary fuse block wiring.

So in order to add the lights, you'd need either a new wiring harness or to splice some wires. Plus you'd have to add the lights and housings and the switch. These parts cost a lot. I estimated them to be over $450. I don't mind the black inserts that much, and since my car is leased, I can't modify it anyway.

I really would have liked at least the option to get foglights on the LE. I would have also liked a leather steering wheel. These things come on the 'S', but not the more expensive LE. I think Toyota could have at least painted the covers body color for the LE so they didn't contrast so much.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I wont be putting foglights on my LE after all! Or maybe I'll just buy some and put them in place of the black covers to make it look nicer, without the wiring hooked up. I think it stinks that the more expensive model looks so cheap compared to the S!

• 1,424 posts

Rollah,

I was wrong about the price. For the two foglight assemblies and the switch only (none of the wiring), the price is $540 plus tax or shipping if you order it online. The foglamp assemblies cost almost $200 each. That is really steep.

I find it wrong that Toyota doesn't include the leather wheel, fogs and chrome door handles on the 'LE' when they come on pratically every 'S' you see. After all, we pay more for the LE model, and what we should get is features that are an upgrade to or in place of equipment on less expensive models. Instead we get down grades from typically equipped 'S' models. default_sad

BTW, my Corolla is Silverstreak also.

Strange request.

In Canada, Fog Lights are standard equipment of an L and an S.

• 1,424 posts

I don't know how that guy installed fogs on his LE. Mine definately does not have any wiring behind the fog covers. I got on my back under the car with a flashlight and looked. Maybe Toyota changed their wiring harness midstream or something. Anyway, I guess it is possible that some cars could have the wiring, which would make the install simple. However, if you buy new Toyota OEM parts from a online dealer parts place, they are still pretty expensive.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)