Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest niftyhawk

Hail to the Corolla Owners !!

I have purchased a 2005 Toyota Corolla LE and am still unsure about answers to some questions I have..

1. Which Engine Oil to use for the car (Can you suggest a name?)

2. Which Coolant to use ?

3. Which Windshield wiper liquid to use?

Thanks,

Hail to the Corolla Owners !!

I have purchased a 2005 Toyota Corolla LE and am still unsure about answers to some questions I have..

USE ANY GOOD QUALITY OIL, TOYOTA DEALERSHIP IN TORONTO USES CHEAP OIL FROM IMPERIAL OIL CANADA

ONLY USE TOYOTA

ANYTHING WILL DO

Thanks,

USE ANY GOOD QUALITY OIL, TOYOTA DEALERSHIP IN TORONTO USES CHEAP OIL FROM IMPERIAL OIL CANADA

ONLY USE TOYOTA

ANYTHING WILL DO

Thanks,

Guest Toyota-san

By reading one of the most unread documents in the history of literature, you will find answers to your questions.

Hint: Its called your owner's manual. And every manufacturer includes one, usually found in the glove compartment before it gets filled with cell phones, cds, coupons, concert tickets, parking tickets, and receipts for work done on the car.

The coolant is good for years and years (supposedly) in the 05, they switched to a superlong life coolant.

other than that, I suggest Mobil1 5W30 for your motor and I am partial to RainX windshield washer fluid.

default_smile

By reading one of the most unread documents in the history of literature, you will find answers to your questions.

Hint: Its called your owner's manual. And every manufacturer includes one, usually found in the glove compartment before it gets filled with cell phones, cds, coupons, concert tickets, parking tickets, and receipts for work done on the car.

hey, that is not correct, the owners manual gives specifications.

This board gives the practical experiences of what can and cannot

be substitued.

Guest Toyota-san

All three of the OP questions are answered in the owner's manual.

Guest niftyhawk

Thanks Guys... Rainx liquid seems to be a bit expensive than the others but seems to be worth the buy..

I've used Amsoil in other cars and use it my Toyota now.

It is a pure synthetic of good quality, and I can get a reasonable price if I order the box with four jugs.

I went with a Wix filter after reading threads on this forum.

Nothing to offer on the antifreeze or wiper fluid.

Mobil 1 for your engine. I'd use Amsoil if it isn't so **** expensive.

I'll just put whatever I can get my hands on at CDN$0.99 for the windshield washer.

Anybody want to try this 7-year propylene glycol concoction in their cooling system and tell us how worthy it is?

(I believe my Corolla has Toyota Red which I believe (again) was never changed.)

Whatever Dexron-3 you use for your auto tranny, spare some for your power steering.

Whatever DOT3 brake fluid is on sale goes into your brakes. Buy the smallest bottle. I don't think you need a lot.

There. I covered all the fluids that one will ever put into a Corolla. Luckily your coolant doesn't need changing for another 5 years, and you usually leave tranny and brakes to the pros, so only oil and washer fluid you need to worry about.

I use Mobil 1 5W30 oil in my engine, with a genuine Toyota 90915-YZZA2 oil filter; changed every 3 months or 3,000 miles.

I just replaced my coolant using genuine Toyota Red long-life coolant.

I use genuine Toyota-brand T-IV automatic transmission fluid.

I haven't had any need to top off or replace the power steering or brake fluids yet, but would use the same Toyota ATF for the power steering, and Toyota-brand DOT-3 brake fluid.

For my windshield washer fluid I use the buck-a-gallon blue stuff.

I lube my door hinges with white lithium grease from a spray can -- it's all the same.

You are not going to believe this!

I just swapped from regular to Mobil 1 on my 2005S and I swear it runs quieter. Not only do I sense it but my wife, who doesn't even know I swapped, says the car sounded quieter today.

Is that possible? Has anyone else experienced this? Any techie know why that might be?

You are not going to believe this!

I just swapped from regular to Mobil 1 on my 2005S and I swear it runs quieter. Not only do I sense it but my wife, who doesn't even know I swapped, says the car sounded quieter today.

Is that possible? Has anyone else experienced this? Any techie know why that might be?

No kidding? Syn Oil will make the car engine "runs" quieter? Man, I'm running to Pep Boys right now....except the price of the Synethic Oil stops me.

I use Chevron, Castrol, and Pennzoil 10W-30. I live in Los Angeles area, thus there's no need for 5W-30. I'm thinking about switching to "high mileage" oil, but again, the price on the "high mileage" oil stops me.

I'm a sticker to the rule of 99 cents or less per quart on the oil (with coupon).....

- uchok00 default_ph34r

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)