Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Where To Buy Oem Toyota Brake Parts?

by 03toyola, May 7, 2005

where can i find oem toyota brake parts online? there are a few sites that offer aftermarket replacement parts, but nothing oem toyota, where's a good place to find them other than the dealerships? and which aftermarket ones would be good? do i need shims? i am afraid of brake squeel if i don't have shims, i believe toyota oem should come w/ shims correct? my front brake pads for my 03 seem to be on their way out, only got 30k miles on them...any recommendations if i should go aftermarket? but i just don't want the unnecessary noise associated w/ cheap pads...

Max

Check out www.1sttoyotaparts.com.

I've used them a few times for cabin filters - good dealer. They're located in Washington state.

any recommendation for aftermarket pads like hawks or something?

Hawk HPS is good and so is Axxis Ultimate, good bite, street pad that doesn't need warm up like track pads. But like any upgrade pad, they are heck of dusty so prepare to wash your wheel every week or else.

If you want OEM, get Nissin as they are the OEM of many japanese car (Toyota also I think, but Honda for sure). Don't forget to put anti-squeel grease on the back of the pad, that helps a lot.

If you replace your front brake pads with stickier aftermarket pads, make sure you get some sticker rear shoes to match. If you only have sticky pads in the front, your stopping distance will actually increase because your front brakes will lock up way before your rears do.

I've used Hawk HPS in place of OEM and they work perfectly. Like PandaBear mentioned - street material (composite brake pad) works well without needed to heat them up, good initial bite, less fade, easy on the rotors, and moderate amount of dusting. Braking performance is very good when compared to OEM pads - feels like you upgraded to larger brakes.

Some people mentioned in other reviews that they can be noisy - but I have never experienced that with my set (65K+ miles on them now). Their bite is pretty predicatable and with drums on the rear - you should have no problem modulating them.

I've only locked the rears (OEM shoes) with the Hawk pads up front in extreme braking - but I agree with mercury - you need to balance your system for best performance.

for street driving, i doubt the need to upgrade the rear shoes to balance the system, i probably won't see or feel the diff,

i think tirerack has hawk pads, do they come w/ shims or should i re-use the oe shims? i have hawk on my integra so i know they're decent, i guess i will try the hawks cuz they're def better than oe, should only improve brake response on the street,

They should come with a shim built on the pad - I also reused the shims that came off the OEM pads to get the right thickness. Should just slip right on.

I got akebono ceramic front pads [no dust like hawk/axxis & stops better than stock with no fade like axxis] from tirerack for $63 shipped. Im very impressed with them, and they came with shims also. if you have a mushy brake pedal where its hard to stop the car then get the rear drum adjusters tightened and the pedal will feel strong where the car will brake better.

akebono pads

Topic List