Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Debadge 2005 Xrs

by jupiterboy, April 27, 2005

I'm thinking about clearing the back off. Does anyone know if there are any nasty pins to deal with?

If they are anything like the other 9th generation Corollas - should not have any pins on them (like Hondas).

The central "Sombrero" emblem over the license plate has 2 pins. You might consider one of these;

Emblems

The central "Sombrero" emblem over the license plate has 2 pins. You might consider one of these;

I want to replace the T logo as well. To remove the "T" Toyota logo on the trunk, can you just use the standard dental floss method? Are the screws/pins screwed into anything? Can I just use the dental floss and pry it up?

Dental floss had not worked in my situations. I ended up using 14lb test fishing line and sawing the emblems off. I heated it up with a hair dryer and went at it with the line. Very simple, you may end up cleaning the excess glue off with a fingernail and wiping it off with your thumb. Just make sure you do this carefully and have some wax for where the sticker was. I do this on all of my cars, especially with dealership badges, because no one needs to know where the car came from. The Center emblem in the trunk is bolted through the metal, this is the only one I left on my corolla. It may be different on yours, seeing as mine is a 95, but every toyota I've seen in the junkyards is the same way.

Can I just use the dental floss and pry it up?

I just removed double stick tape rear badges from my 8th gen last summer. Best method is to get a thin towel and clothes iron. Set iron at med-low setting, put towel over badge..apply iron for 5-10 secs. Then slide dental floss back and forth between badge and car. Do it in a sawing motion. If it gets too hard, re-apply heat. Any leftover adhesive & foam can be removed with Acetone or goof-off. Just dabb a little of it on the adhesive..and let it work for a few seconds. Worked great for me & didn't damage the clearcoat.

Although it's nice to see people offering responses... neither of them actually answered my question. I don't need advice on how to heat it or what type of wire to use. I need to know if the pins are actually screwed and bolted in to something, or are they just there to prevent the emblem from rolling or misaligning?

In other words if I cut through the glue and try to pry it up, will I be successful? Or do I need to open up part of the trunk to unscrew the nuts from the other sides?

I have a 2007 Corolla, and just need advice on the central 'T' logo on the trunk. Thank you.

If there is glue to cut through, it is not bolted through. If it is, I would be very surprised.

Bikeman982

Although it's nice to see people offering responses... neither of them actually answered my question. I don't need advice on how to heat it or what type of wire to use. I need to know if the pins are actually screwed and bolted in to something, or are they just there to prevent the emblem from rolling or misaligning?

In other words if I cut through the glue and try to pry it up, will I be successful? Or do I need to open up part of the trunk to unscrew the nuts from the other sides?

I have a 2007 Corolla, and just need advice on the central 'T' logo on the trunk. Thank you.

I have never seen any emblems bolted on. Most are glued or have tabs that are pressed into little holes.

Cool. That is exactly the type of answer I was in need of.

I actually decided against it though... gold emblems on a silver mica Corolla S just wouldn't look quite right. I'm going to go for chrome accents: chrome colored handles, and the original chrome badges. maybe some brushed aluminum stufff inside, but that's about it. chrome and silver, rather than mixing gold and silver and have it look like I can't make up my mind on the color!

I replaced my emblems with gold custom ones. I just used a screwdriver wrapped with soft tape to remove the "Toyota" and "LE" emblems. The "Corolla" was more difficult. I used a combination of my fingernails, pins, and some tension wire no thicker than dental floss. The old emblems did take some of the paint, but I just used some touch up paint to cover that. Also the new emblems went right over so nothing could be noticed even if I didn't touch it up.

Edit: Come to think about it, I think I also used an old credit card to help slice in.

Bikeman982

Cool. That is exactly the type of answer I was in need of.I actually decided against it though... gold emblems on a silver mica Corolla S just wouldn't look quite right. I'm going to go for chrome accents: chrome colored handles, and the original chrome badges. maybe some brushed aluminum stufff inside, but that's about it. chrome and silver, rather than mixing gold and silver and have it look like I can't make up my mind on the color!
Depending on your car color, chrome looks good or the gold will look good.

Personally I have chrome emblems on my car and I put gold on my daughter's car because it is tan in color and they match better.

Yeah, I agree that tan and gold should look alright. Some of the darker colors seem to go with gold too, such as maybe a blue. But for mine, the car is silver streak mica (aka a slightly aquamarine silver), so it might look funny to have silver, chrome, and gold on it. That's why I'm thinking of just sticking to silver and chrome.

Bikeman982

Some people prefer the clean look of no emblems at all, while others want some, or all of them on.

I take off any dealer license plate frames or advertising - I don't need to promote their business, as I get no commission from them.

Bumper stickers can be added - if that is one of your desires.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)