Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Check Engine Lite On A 2004 Toyota Corolla

by hartbm17, April 21, 2005

I was wondering what could cause a check engine light to go on a 2004 toyota corolla with 9400 miles on it.. the car seems to be running efficently and i checked the gas cap.. any ideas

Brad

owner

1987 Toyota Corolla 212,000 and still going

2000 Toyota Corolla 47,000 miles

Almost anything - a CEL can still be set even if the car seems to running well. It is just letting you know that some monitored parameter is off spec and that you should be aware of and take corrective action. Some places will scan the code for free - otherwise Toyota will do it for a standard diagnostic fee.

• 1,424 posts
I was wondering what could cause a check engine light to go on a 2004 toyota corolla with 9400 miles on it.. the car seems to be running efficently and i checked the gas cap.. any ideas

Brad

owner

1987 Toyota Corolla 212,000 and still going

2000 Toyota Corolla 47,000 miles

Your car is a 2004 with 9400 miles on it? Why are you even here, take that sucker into the dealer and tell them to fix it. It's still under warranty, don't worry about what went wrong, just take it to Toyota and let them sort it out.

I made appointment with the dealer for monday.. just like to not go in blind folded..I have a lack of trust for toyota service.. but since it will be free I have to bring it there

Brad

• 1,424 posts

You have a lack of trust for Toyota service, I can understand that. But let me ask you this, do you distrust Toyota, or do you distrust the dealer you go to? If you distrust the dealer, I'd take the car to another dealer. You don't have to take the car to the dealer you bought it from you know.

If it's just a dealer problem, don't be hesitant to try another dealer. There are good and bad dealerships for every make of car.

I love toyota cars I have 4 corollas ranging from 1987 to 2004 it seems like at most of the dealerships I go to it is like pulling teeth when you have a warentee issue.. that is what has made me kinda unconfortable with the dealers..

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)