Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest SoCal_CJ

Guest SoCal_CJ

Guest SoCal_CJ

BUYER BEWARE, BAD SELLER ems657- HAS RIPPED OTHERS HERE TOO!

Seller never sent item, and he has ripped off others on this BBS,

Buyer Beware…!!!

I left a straight up negative on Ebay but…

Ratbastid left us all behind when he took a $20 bribe from this seller to not leave a negative, (gee thanks, so his word is worth $20, I would never take a thing this member says serious again...) he defends it because he double crossed the guy by taking his bribe and then leaving a “neutral” but this still does not give the warning a Negative gives and does not count in the feedback rating…this was 2 mos ago and Ratbastid could have at least warned the BBS by posting a buyer beware! SEE:

http://www.2003corolla.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=47831#47831

Here is Rabastida’s comment:

bp_fire( 204) Sep-03-03 18:41:52 PDT 2428105667 S

Neutral : Not OEM Toyota grill, HAD to be modified to fit, Cheap aftermarket crap. BEWARE

Response by ems657 - Buddy, it is indeed an OEM grill, but does need some work to fit. Thank you!

So here you have a dishonest seller and buyer, sad state of affairs…

But at least I warned ya…

Basically I paid the guy and he never sent the product, I disputed it with PayPay and they said:

"PayPal has concluded our investigation of your Buyer Complaint.

------------------------------

Complaint Details

------------------------------

Transaction Date: Dec. 8, 2003

Transaction Amount: -$84.98 USD

Case Number: PP-027-994-446

Seller's Name: Michael Liu

Seller's Email: mmichaeliu@hotmail.com

Our investigation has determined that the seller is at fault, but we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, Buyer Complaint funds recovery cannot be guaranteed.

If this transaction took place on an auction site, we encourage you to contact the auction site and see if they offer insurance coverage.

We appreciate your business, and regret this experience."

so no one will help and the guy does not even respond to PayPal...

SEE Seller feedback on Ebay, 97% sounds OK but look at some other sellers, 97% is on the low end of the totam pole, also 80 or so transactions sounds like a lot but is not really, some sellers have 1000 a week and still maintain a 99 and above...

I have 357 positives. 229 are from unique users

He has 92 positives. 86 are from unique users. 2 neutrals. 2 negatives

And remember he would have had at least one more Negitive had one of our fellow 2003corolla.org members Ratbastid, not sold his truth, sold his word for a lousey $20. This would have dropped him more than a point down to 95%, who knows who else has been bribed to keep their mouth shut? How many more Negitives woud he have?

He plays a dual email game too, Ebay registered email is ems657@yahoo.com :

you send money to him and he refuses it and asks you to send to mmichaeliu@hotmail.com as to add confusion, and thus takes the transaction off Ebay and you dont get the same help from Ebay,

Seller is

Ebay-ems657

Here at 2003corolla.org- ems657

Email / emails

ems657@yahoo.com

And

mmichaeliu@hotmail.com

Name-Michael Liu

Hope this saves someone else from getting ripped!!

If you have a bad ebay experience, there are several things you can do:

1. If you paid by Paypal, file a buyer complaint with them. This may get your $ back. The limit is 30 days after paying.

2. If you used a credit card (Visa/Mastercard) thru Paypal, file for a dispute and chargeback. The limit is 60 days after first billing. To protect your Paypal account, file with Paypal first. File with your credit card company if Paypal can't help.

3. If you used the mails in any way (postal money order, mailed payment, received item by US mail), file a complaint with the USPS Inspection Service.

4. Of course, leave proper feedback on ebay.

Good luck.

Guest SoCal_CJ

Guest SoCal_CJ
If you have a bad ebay experience, there are several things you can do:

1. If you paid by Paypal, file a buyer complaint with them. This may get your $ back. The limit is 30 days after paying.

2. If you used a credit card (Visa/Mastercard) thru Paypal, file for a dispute and chargeback. The limit is 60 days after first billing. To protect your Paypal account, file with Paypal first. File with your credit card company if Paypal can't help.

3. If you used the mails in any way (postal money order, mailed payment, received item by US mail), file a complaint with the USPS Inspection Service.

4. Of course, leave proper feedback on ebay.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply, please read my updated post, I really think you are sincerly trying to help but the sources you listed USPS, Ebay, Paypal, Square Trade have told me to pound sand....I followed all proper procedures...

That really sucks.

Did you pay by credit card? While Discover and Amex won't help, Visa and Mastercard allow chargebacks against Paypal if the cardholder has a problem with the transaction.

The new Paypal buyer protection gives more leverage to the buyer, but this switch of emails will keep you from being eligible.

If the seller diverted you from ebay, that's fee avoidance, and ebay may cancel his account if you report it.

I've gotten some good deals on Corolla hubcaps on ebay along with many other types of purchases. Shame this schmuck had to show up and mess up your experience.

For the future, always fund your Paypal payments with Visa or Mastercard.

Have a great new year.

Bob

Guest SoCal_CJ

Guest SoCal_CJ
That really sucks.

Did you pay by credit card? While Discover and Amex won't help, Visa and Mastercard allow chargebacks against Paypal if the cardholder has a problem with the transaction.

The new Paypal buyer protection gives more leverage to the buyer, but this switch of emails will keep you from being eligible.

If the seller diverted you from ebay, that's fee avoidance, and ebay may cancel his account if you report it.

I've gotten some good deals on Corolla hubcaps on ebay along with many other types of purchases. Shame this schmuck had to show up and mess up your experience.

For the future, always fund your Paypal payments with Visa or Mastercard.

Have a great new year.

Bob

thanks for the RSVP and I will and have been coutious, please pass this jerk on to other poor unsuspecting and fellow Corolla Owners, have a great holiday season!

Topic List