Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

front tweeters on doors

Guest hawkman2430

Hi all, I am looking to upgrade my speakers, but I am not sure what size the tweeters on the door are. I know the front is 6.5" and the rear are 6" X 9", but I cannot find any information on the tweeters. Also does anyone know where the cross over for the tweeters is? Is it on the reciever, the speakers or an external box?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Bob

Guest snturner

I just replaced my speakers in my 2004 SE Corolla. I am not an expert on speakers and stereos but here is what I found. First off I had washed the car just before driving home and taking the door panels off. I found water inside the doors. I would be interested to know if you find the samething.

The tweeters in the doors are wired striaght to the 6.5 speakers. No crossover. The tweeters put out almost nothing. I replaced them with JBL 6.5 component speakers GT0606C. The JBL tweeter has much better sound. The JBL tweeter even fits behind the current tweeter cover.

I replaced the 6X9's with JBL GTO936 for the back. The 6X9's are ok but not as strong as I wanted. I hooked everything up with a Rockford 600 watt punch amp. It sounds pretty good for the little money I spent.

Topic List