Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Starting To Think About New Tires For My 2001

by kathyg, March 17, 2005

OK - I have about 36,000 miles on my 01 LE and am starting to think about replacing them one day - I believe the warranty on the Goodyear Integrity's is 50,000 miles so I still have plenty of time to do my research -

I'd like to know what tires you recommend and why - I am a fan of Michelin (it's all I ever put on my previous car, a Honda Civic) and always had good luck with them - I'm considering the Michelin Harmony's - I went to Sam's Club the other day and was told they don't have them now but expect to in the near future - thanks

I recently replaced the tires on my 2000 (the originals were Michelin MX-4's, they had approx. 56000 miles on them).

After much research I replaced them with Pirelli P3000's and I am very happy with them, I also upgraded the size to 185/65/14 from the original 175/65/14 and noticed a marked improvement in stability.

The Pirelli's were a little cheaper than the Michelin Harmony and have a slightly longer treadlife. They have a very smooth ride and made a big difference in handling.

Max

Hi Kathy. You might want to do a search on "tires" here on the board. We've had many tire discussions here. Also, check out www.tirerack.com for ideas/reviews/etc. I prefer Bridgestone (Turanza LS-T for the Corolla) , but also like Yokohama (Avid T-4 for my Celica). Michelin is very good, but obscenely overpriced. I haven't used them in years due to better luck with and lower prices on the other two brands.

I replaced the OEM Firestone FR-690's on my '03 Corolla LE with Goodyear Assurance TripleTreds. This is one fantastic tire! I would give them serious consideration.

thanks for the replies -

The Goodyear Assurance looks pretty good - they are $69 at Sam's Club.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)