Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1999 Ve

Guest DOITNEWF

Hi,

The light needs to be replaced in behind the heater controls.

Does anyone know any tricks in taking off the trim or anything else that may have to come off?

Jp

Should just pry out. Remove the ash tray and pry around both bottom/side edges. On my 2002 S - there are little notches on the sides that you can fit a slotted screwdrive in and pry out the bottom trim panel - should be the same way with your 1999 VE. Just leave the wires leading to the panel attached and you should be able to ge tat the heater controls from there.

Good Luck.

It's a little more complex than that - I recently had my dash (2000 CE) apart to install an accessory, and found that the Haynes manual was very helpful, as dash disassembly was not very intuitive. Go get the Haynes book.

It was posted here a while back, I think I may have asked the question or been in on the thread, but...

...isn't the heater control lighting somehow wired into the fan switch? Seemed like it was easier to just replace the whole switch since the lighting/bulbs come as one unit (?)

I have the same problem in my 99 VE.. Once the car warms up, I just toggle the fan switch a couple of times and the light comes on.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)