Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Any Problems With 2003 Corolla ?

Guest bavulab

Hi,

Since the 2003 corolla is completely redesigned, perhaps one can expect some reliability issues to crop up. Is this true? Has anyone experienced any problems or repairs ?

When it was redesigned in 1998, it had some new issues that had continued to 1999 and 2000 models. Is this true of 2003 model also?

thanks for your help!

I have a 03' and haven't had any problems after 30,000 miles. I believe most of the problems owners reported were rattles and such on the early 03's.

Bad, bad sulphur "farts".

Now addressed by a TSB.

Also minor cosmetic issues regarding the radio, door weatherstrips and package shelf rattles.

I've got an 03 with approx. 60000km on it, only problems so far has been rattling (dash above gauge cluster and passenger door/glass) and seems to have a wandering idle.

I haven't had any problems with my 03.... well maybe one , the Goodyear tires. Could only live with them for 1600 miles ...then put Avids on , much better.

My '03 Corolla LE automatic (a J-VIN) has been trouble free for over 2 years and a bit more than 27,000 miles so far. The serpentine belt is prone to squeal occasionally, usually during cold, damp weather, but no major issues. It's been the most trouble-free car I've owned to date. BTW I ditched my OEM Firestone FR690 tires at 23,000 miles in favor of a set of Goodyear Assurance TripleTreds. Great tires!

My dealer changed serpentine belt free for ocassional squealing, Larry. They didn't even require that it squeal in their shop.

Must have been bad belts. Might want to ask since you're still on warranty.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)