Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Dave

Return of the Garage or 200,000 Mile Club? Are you interested?

I have the software, but not the database, of the old 200,000 Mile Club. 

I can buy an upgrade to the Garage we used to have running on Corolland, to store and show pictures of members’ cars — and possibly form the nucleus of a new 200,00 Mile Club.

How interested are you in these?

trap

I'm actually more interested in a 299,999 mile club so we can discuss solution to defective odometer and find a solution (kickstarter to have replacement odometer?).

Ummm... 

No factory parts? For an ’03, I’d have thought there would be an electronic speedo (ie a calibrated voltmeter taking instructions from the computer). 

For 9th-gen Corolla and equivalent Prius model from same years, have defective odometer that Toyota won't fix,. as it is not a safety issue. Factory part is defective. :(

Oh, it's the odometer... that's an odd problem! Is there a digital odometer on the info screen as well, or is it just the one?

Just the one. If anyone knows of an OBDII app that reads odometer, that would be great. I don't know if it is display issue for the LCD, or the chip behind it that is inadequate.

I would have thought most of the apps read odometer, I'll have to check... I would assume it's the programming on the chip. Someone got lazy... I assume... being a bit lazy now myself.

I think this was a "counter" issue - ie, lazy or goof in the coding to display mileage after 299,999 miles or kms.  Same with the trip odometers, if I remember right - it was 9,999 for Trip B, Trip A good for 99,999 ?

I'm not certain if you can query the OBD to get the "correct mileage" - my 8th gen is getting close (270K miles) - but I don't think it affected this generation - just the 9th gen Corolla / 1st gen Matrix and 1st gen Prius.  

As far as I know, it is only the 9th Gen Corolla, Corolla Matrix, Pontiac Vibe, and some Prius. I wish there was a fix. As it is now, I use my trip meter to track mileage as best as I can. I have accidentally cleared it from time to time, which sucks. I would be more than happy to buy a fixed odometer. The dealer only replaces it with another defective one (good for another 299,999 miles) and places a sticker on it to say odometer was replaced.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

(Only shown to guests, not registered members.)