Sign in to follow this  
Steves40th

Cracked Housing On Injectors, '02 Rolla S

Even hairline cracks can cause issues, depending on where the crack is at. Can't see the pic at work, but generally, any crack on the injector housing is a cause for replacement. Not necessarily a leak point, but it could be a sign of imminent injector failure.

Well I moved the injector, and the problem didnt move. I then decided to check plugs. Well, that cylinder was full of water. When I pulled the coil it was saturated. I think I found the issue, it may have been when I powerwashed the engine. I hope I didnt ruin the coil. I need to test it, if there is a simple test to check.. Suggestions?

I'm assuming when you mean that cylinder is full of water - you meant the spark plug well, not the actual cylinder. Paper towels will help wick away excess water, prevent the majority falling into the cylinder. If you get a little water in there, no big deal. Yeah, even with that little seal on the igniter - you can get water in there. I've done it myself, even from the water pressure of a standard hose.

Verify that the igniter coil is not cracked anywhere on its body - that could have penetrated the coil and eventually burn it out. Might have to use some WD-40 or similar, water displacing lube if you don't have access to some compressed air to blow that coil dry.

Testing for a good coil - could ohm out the connector side, all of them should be very similar in resistance. Then visually verify spark - use an old school way of checking for spark - disconnect all the coils, remove the sparkplugs. Stick a sparkplug into the coil, connect that coil to wiring harness, ground plug to chassis ground and have someone crank the ignition and watch for spark.

It will through a CEL when you do this - but clear it and you'll be good to go.