Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Bull6791

Chevron Techron

trap

In cases to satisfy my curiosity or to rule out certain things during diagnostics - I might use those products. But on a normal basis, I generally don't use any fuel additives, even for periodic maintenance purposes. The additives that are already blended with gasoline when you buy it, is pretty high. In a daily driver, those types of products are not required for optimal running. In a car that is poorly maintained, additives "could" help, but so could a fresh tank of gas.

I just make sure I fill up at gas stations that have a good turnover on gasoline (ie, the popular, busy ones) and are top tier fuel brands: http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

I'm not particularly choosy with my gas, I'll fill up at a place, note how the car runs on that tank of gas, what the mileage is. If it runs great and gets good MPG - I'll add that station to my list of go-to gas stations. If it runs poorly, I cross it off my list. .

I agree, stick to the name brand fuels. while I don't know if it matter or not I tend to think it is better to always buy from the same brand or two. I don't think it would hurt the engine or anything but I am just particular that way, I won't just fill up at any old gas station.