Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
tbreedphoto

Fcs Struts?

Oh ok. Yes, 1.6 LSI. I think I'll try it, they are only $6 locally. Worst case it'll feel terrible and I end up getting new springs anyway. :)

I kind of wish I would have went with all KYB instead, was just having a hard time justifying putting that kind of cash into a 21 year old car with 220k on it.. Probably would have been a wiser decision though. :)

trap

I'm taking off my FCS struts I installed in late November 2013 on my 2002 Corolla.

After our very harsh winter here in Michigan, they didn't hold up with the potholes and "snow holes" (freezing and unfreezing). I bought them off Rock Auto and they have a lifetime warranty. Sending them back, but I doubt I'll get a refund; they'll just send replacements.

NAPA struts were installed on the front last week, and the same brand will be installed on the rear on Tuesday. I tried to save money using FCS, but the old adage applied to me: You get what you pay for.

Shop is charging $860 to do the rears, including a four-wheel alignment. Pricey, but I don't have the time to do it.

I'm taking off my FCS struts I installed in late November 2013 on my 2002 Corolla.

After our very harsh winter here in Michigan, they didn't hold up with the potholes and "snow holes" (freezing and unfreezing). I bought them off Rock Auto and they have a lifetime warranty. Sending them back, but I doubt I'll get a refund; they'll just send replacements.

NAPA struts were installed on the front last week, and the same brand will be installed on the rear on Tuesday. I tried to save money using FCS, but the old adage applied to me: You get what you pay for.

Shop is charging $860 to do the rears, including a four-wheel alignment. Pricey, but I don't have the time to do it.

Ahh that's too bad. Mine are holding up fine so far, I ended up using rubber spacers in the back to get it up to match the front. I replaced the fronts with FCS too and they seem fine as well, the bolts were slightly bigger so I had to drill the holes out a bit to get them fit properly.

Yes, I noticed the same issue with the FCS. Also had to make a cut for the brake line (rears).

Does it snow in your state?

So far, so good with the NAPA brand. The rears turned out to be 830 installed, not 860. Two year warranty.

Only driving about 10,000 miles a year now, so I'll likely have these struts for awhile. . .

Yes, I noticed the same issue with the FCS. Also had to make a cut for the brake line (rears).

Does it snow in your state?

So far, so good with the NAPA brand. The rears turned out to be 830 installed, not 860. Two year warranty.

Only driving about 10,000 miles a year now, so I'll likely have these struts for awhile. . .

Yeah, I'm in Chicago, last winter was pretty rough but only the rears went through that as I still had the OEM's on the front.

I work from home so I don't drive a whole lot. Average under 10,000 a year.

Can we have a followup on the NAPA vs FCS struts review? It's been at least three years now. I'd like to know how the NAPA struts held up.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this