Sign in to follow this  
Guest daddydise

Brand New Battery But It Died Again

Preferably with wood spacer on top, just a bit wider than the tie-down across battery's width if it fits well on the battery's top ventt covers. Actually, it looks like it already comes with a spacer on top. You'll figure it out when you put it in.

Edited by dom

AUTOTECH

how did you get 409.9 miles on a whole tank. I would love to do that. The highest I ever got was 350 on a whole tank. I average more in the range of 300. Do explain.

Thanks Frank

I've only owned manual transmissions. I recall watching my father drive one when I was very young. I just watched how his feet moved, the coordination of the clutch and accelerator pedals, and when he shifted. When it was time for driver's training when I turned 16, it only took me 15 minutes to pull it off.

Nice! Almost 410 miles to the low fuel lamp - that's not bad at all! Looks like you are on track run between 550-600 miles until bone dry - about 45ish MPG - that hybrid car territory there!

10.08 US gallons of regular E10 (10% ethanol) 87 pump octane (RON+MON/2) gasoline? Synthetic 5W-30 engine oil? Amsoil MTG in tranny?

Edited by dom

Forum won't allow me to introduce a new topic. On your 2002, Fish, does your A/C blow cold? What is the "normal" chill temperature on a 90-95 degree day when A/C is on in the recirculation mode?

I used mine today, outside temperature was 92, and it blew cold, but it seems it didn't blow as cold as it normally does.

10.06 US gallons of regular E10 (10% ethanol) 87 pump octane (RON+MON/2) gasoline? Synthetic 5W-30 engine oil? Amsoil MTG in tranny?

US gallons of non-ethanol 87. 5W-30 Conventional. The Mobil 1 gear oil you recommended is what I put in the tranny (you'll recall)

Forum won't allow me to introduce a new topic. On your 2002, Fish, does your A/C blow cold? What is the "normal" chill temperature on a 90-95 degree day when A/C is on in the recirculation mode?

I used mine today, outside temperature was 92, and it blew cold, but it seems it didn't blow as cold as it normally does.

Original system - haven't seen a recharge yet - but might check it out later. On the days that it is over 90 degrees F ambient, but less than 100 degrees - A/C on max recirculate might be 20-25 degrees F cooler than ambient (depending on relative humidity). If it gets pass 100 degrees - the A/C system can't keep up with the solar loading on the car if I'm sitting still, if I'm moving it can keep up.

Specs say for ambient temps between 86-95 degrees, the A/C system should be able to maintain temperatures at the vents at 66-68 degrees. For ambient temps between 96-105 degrees, the A/C system should be able to maintain temperatures at the vents at 70-75 degrees. Higher humidity levels = higher vent temperatures.