Sign in to follow this  
pocketz06

Help! Tyring To Install Rear Deck Speakers

I already removed the tail light, the 3 baby seat fasteners and removed the botls, but I can't find a way to remove the seat belts from the slot, do the rear seats LOWER (fold down) if so how do you do that?

trap

If you have fold down rear seats, then the seatback will fold down. Otherwise, you'll have to pull the bottom seat cushion (pull up on the front lip, close to the carpet) - that will pop it from some clips. The seat bottom itself will wiggle out, seat belt buckles will pull through the slots. Once that is out of the way, you should see the three bolts and seatbelt mounts that need to come out to loosen the bottom attachment of the seat back. Once those are out - lift up on the seat back to disengage the clips at the top. Angle it away and that will come off with some wiggling. The rear parcel shelf can be removed and you'll have access to everything you need to install new speakers (will expose the speaker connections, wiring, mounting pad for speakers).

I have a 1999 Corolla VE, which is about the same. Does the VE model have fold down rear seats?

Thanks.

Depends on the option packages ordered with the car. I've seen them with and without fold-down rear seats, even on the VE trims - even possible to option out the VE with the same equipment level as the LE trim, but will end up costing considerably more. Just look for the seat releases on the back of the seats.