Sign in to follow this  
nightpicnic

Front Bumper Replacement

when i was a first time driver i ended up driving off the rode a bit and got stuck in a ditch. when the tow truck pulled me out, the front bumper had been bent up a lot and it just doesnt look the same. is there somewhere where i can buy a new bumper that is pre-painted so that i don't have to drive around everywhere with a black bumper on my silverstream car?

Most replacement bumpers only have that primer finish or sometimes a gel coat. You have to get them painted to match the finish of the car.

To find one already painted, you'll have to search the salvage yards for a used Corolla with a decent bumper.

Painting it is not hard. Buy a new bumper cover for around $50 which is already prime for painting. Clean it good when you get it. Get the matching paint color. Spray many light coats, maybe 5 coats or so. Spray light and thin for each coat to avoid over spray. Let it dry over night then wet sand with 2000-3000 grit sand paper to even out any area. Clean it again. Then spray several protective clear coats on it. Let it dry over night and mount it. I would think the hardest part is to perfectly match the faded original paint on the car.