Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Unhappy Camper

Oct 2010 Limited Service Campaign

Guest Unhappy Camper

I'm concerned that too few vehicles are included in Toyota's recently-announced (October 14, 2010) "limited service campaign" to replace faulty accessory/drive belts in some 2010 Corolla and Matrix models. Owners of the 9400 Corollas affected by the problem should have received letters in mid-October advising them to bring their car in to have the belt replaced.

We had exactly this failure occur while our son was driving our 2010 Corolla this past Wednesday night (October 27th). The shredded belt did a great deal of damage to various components of the engine, all of which our dealer repaired or replaced at no cost. The car had just had its 15,000 mile checkup two weeks before.

However we never received a letter from Toyota corporate. When I found out about the campaign on the web and called the Toyota info line, the phone rep looked up our VIN and found that it was NOT on their list. This suggests to me that the scope of the problem is wider than Toyota knows, or perhaps cares to acknowledge. Do you know if owners of other 2010 Corollas not covered by the limited service campaign have experienced the shredded-belt problem, or is it just us? Thanks.

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!