Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
roly

Suspension

ok i have a 1992 corolla with 66,500 original miles. It thing has been sitting in the driveway since mom stop driving it back in like 97. i always kept the tank topped off so it would not rot and started it everynow and then. I took it out today for a little joy ride and the steering at high speed rolls the whole care. I belive its the suspension because I went overthe train tracks and it felt like I was droped out of a 5 story building. Now my question is am I right in asuming this is a suspension problem. And should I bother getting fix I wana try and make this into a little project car, I have a honda and Iwould like to see something other than a modded honda. I want something original that not too many people have any thoughts?

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!

Before you go all out for a new suspension - what shape is the car otherwise? Unitbody have any significant amounts of corrosion? Look at the suspension and surrounding attachment points, anything obviously rotted out? How are the tires? Checked air pressure, inspected for dry rot?

If the car is in good shape, other than a tired suspension. By all means, replace the struts and springs. Parts availability for an AE92 chassis Corolla are pretty decent, from typical aftermarket to some pretty nice full coilovers (read - expensive).

ok i have a 1992 corolla with 66,500 original miles. It thing has been sitting in the driveway since mom stop driving it back in like 97. i always kept the tank topped off so it would not rot and started it everynow and then. I took it out today for a little joy ride and the steering at high speed rolls the whole care. I belive its the suspension because I went overthe train tracks and it felt like I was droped out of a 5 story building. Now my question is am I right in asuming this is a suspension problem. And should I bother getting fix I wana try and make this into a little project car, I have a honda and Iwould like to see something other than a modded honda. I want something original that not too many people have any thoughts?

Might want to check your fuel/brake lines too, they have a tendency to rust out when you have a car just sitting around for a few years.