Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Big_Beard

2010 Toyota Recall

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WWW.woa/30/wa/vp?&wosid=ED6bFfxdw4NGXsn0xfNFO0&vp=Home.WhatsNew.RecallAccelerator&language=english

Toyota Files Voluntary Safety Recall For Occurrence Of Sticking Accelerator Pedal On Select Toyota Division Vehicles

Lexus and Scion Models Not Affected

Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI), announced it will recall vehicles to correct the occurrence of sticking accelerator pedals on specific Toyota Division models. This action is separate from the on-going recall of Toyota and Lexus vehicles to reduce the risk of pedal entrapment by incorrect or out of place accessory floor mats.

In recent months, Toyota has investigated isolated reports of sticking accelerator pedal mechanisms in certain vehicles without the presence of floor mats. Our investigation indicates that there is a possibility that certain accelerator pedal mechanisms may, in rare instances, mechanically stick in a partially depressed position or return slowly to the idle position.

Toyota's accelerator pedal recall is confined to the following Toyota Division vehicles:

2009-2010 RAV4,

2009-2010 Corolla,

2009-2010 Matrix,

2005-2010 Avalon,

2007-2010 Camry,

2010 Highlander,

2007-2010 Tundra,

2008-2010 Sequoia

No Lexus Division or Scion vehicles are affected by this recall action. Also not affected are Toyota Prius, Tacoma, Sienna, Venza, Solara, Yaris, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser and select Camry models, including all Camry hybrids.

Our customer safety and confidence in our vehicles is our first priority. Toyota owners seeking more information about this condition are invited to

contact their Toyota dealership who can determine if their vehicle falls within the affected model range for this specific condition and where appropriate provide additional assistance

visit www.toyota.ca for more information

contact Toyota's Customer Interaction Centre at 1-888-TOYOTA-8 (1-888-869-6828)

The condition is rare, but can occur when the pedal mechanism becomes worn and, in certain conditions, the accelerator pedal may become harder to depress, slower to return or, in the worst case, stuck in a partially depressed position.

In the event that a driver experiences an accelerator pedal that sticks in a partial open throttle position or returns slowly to idle position, the vehicle can be controlled with firm and steady application of the brakes. The brakes should not be pumped repeatedly because it could deplete vacuum assist, requiring stronger brake pedal pressure. The vehicle should be driven to the nearest safe location, the engine shut off and a Toyota dealer contacted for assistance.

Edited by Big_Beard

Did anyone actually heard about this issue happening in corrolas? All I've heard so far were lexus, avalon, camry, prius, and RAV4, especially with bigger V6 engine (except for prius of course).

BTW, my 03 corolla has the cable and I like that way!

Did anyone actually heard about this issue happening in corrolas? All I've heard so far were lexus, avalon, camry, prius, and RAV4, especially with bigger V6 engine (except for prius of course).

friendly_jacek,

No, I haven't heard of any Corollas involved in scares or accidents due to the faulty accelerator pedal. I found this article, http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/nation/story/9E9560E19D8B4F9A862576BC000B19BE?OpenDocument, and wonder how they're feeling about the whole thing.

IMEO (in my educated opinion), the news outlets have horribly skewed this thing with their inaccuracies in describing the situation. However, the more I search the subject, the more I realize that Toyota may have indeed dragged its heels on this. I appreciate Akio Toyoda apologizing, and wonder at the same time if it is enough.

I understand drive-by-wire is here to stay -- I mean, the F16 Falcon is total DBW -- but it should be absolutely bulletproof, all the time, in any weather, anywhere in the world.

I see the 2009-2010 Corollas are included. I wonder if the assemblies used in the 2005's different as mine doesnt use a cable...or will they expand this recall to the earlier Corolla's?

Guest no1starr

I have a 2005 corolla with only 10500 miles and it has happened 3 times at low speeds.

I see the 2009-2010 Corollas are included. I wonder if the assemblies used in the 2005's different as mine doesnt use a cable...or will they expand this recall to the earlier Corolla's?

I have an '09, and have experienced no problems like those described elsewhere. There are new diagrams for us to ascertain what pedals we have. Mine is the CTS pedal. Here are links with images that helped me:

http://www.tuneyfish...or-denso-pedal/

http://www.tuneyfish...-toyota-recall/

Hope this helps you.

Edited by corollamike

Thanks Mike! I looked at mine and saw it said TOYOTA....and then i remembered my VIN shows the car was made in Japan. Think i should be fine then.

I have a 2005 corolla with only 10500 miles and it has happened 3 times at low speeds.

What exactly happened?

I don't think Toyota knows what to make of this yet. Today there was an article about the government saying not to drive the cars, then backtracking saying they misstated things....in the same article was a mention about "experts" thinking it wasn't a sticking pedal thing but something in the electronics...too much speculation.

http://wcbstv.com/local/stop.driving.toyotas.2.1467177.html

Edited by madar601