Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Bitter

Thinking About Getting One Of These...

Cool idea. Did you cut them out yourself first or just stuck them on the emblem and trimmed them to fit?

i had a forum member make them for me, $8 for 2 sets of regular red and then $10 for the glowing red ones. the glowing red ones look awesome!

Nice TRD bar! Looks sharp. Darker finishes are tough to keep clean and remove swirls from, finish looks excellent for OEM.

until you get really close, then it doesn't look so good. scored the bar for $106 shipped on ebay. :) i've been using some dupont teflon car wax and it really makes the toyota black pop and shine, but the stuff is hell to work with when it comes to buffing off, doing it by hand leaves blotches.

Not bad - pretty good reflection off the paint. Might try Poorboy's Black Hole finish glaze. Works the best on darker finishes - fills in swirls marks and gives the finish good depth. Link here - http://www.poorboysworld.com/blackhole.htm.

I haven't tried it yet - but it is on the top of my list to try on an old muscle car I have back home. Some posters on other forums swear by the stuff.

I may need to ask them about the swirl remover products because my car has a lot of 'spider webbing'...but really I don't think I'll put that much work into this factory paint since my front is sand blasted and all over the hood I have little 'craters' which is not uncommon on other celicas.

Looks pretty good. Impressed with the levels of moly in that sample - looks like a decent additive package too.

maxlife is some good oil evidently, as you told me. i went from on the full dot to touching the bottom of the full dot over that 5,000 miles.

that ought to help, used them a few times in the city last night..cabbied tried to make a left turn while i was in the middle of my right turn. one honk stopped him dead in his tracks. black car at night with a lot of street lights around viewed from the side...he probably did not see me.

Nice! How long did you have it in? Slightly noticeable change or considerably notice change in handing?

went in saturday and its a pretty good difference. definitely much less understeer and the car is more neutral. picked up a little speed around bends and snapping around a sharp corner i can pitch the car sideways a hair if i pour on the throttle at the right moment. tires are the weak link so are the struts which are beginning to get tired at 90k miles. those and springs will be replaced sometime later this year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huzudra/car/DSC06611Large.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huzudra/car/DSC06612Large.jpg

old one was really rusted and the endlinks were worn as well. back of the car is much more solid and only slightly more stiff when going over bumps and only when only one wheel hits a bump.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

(Only shown to guests, not registered members.)