Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest saramay

Horn Replaced?

Guest saramay

Has anyone had the factory horn replaced by the dealer? I would like a more substantial horn, but don't want to void my warranty and wonder if the dealer can do this. Has anyone done this? If so, about how much did it cost? Thanks!

Hello and Welcome to the forums.

You can replace the horn yourself and save a bundle in labor costs. There are many aftermarket horns that are nearly "plug and play" with the factory wiring - most produce considerably more volume than the factory horns. Example of one is Fiamm Freeway Blaster horn - can be had for as little as $15 each - can be mounted as a single horn or dual horn setup (high and low tone).

Very popular with motorcycle crowd for their compact size, relatively low power draw, and loudness (~132dB, stock is around ~mid to upper 90s)). Some like the PIAA Hella Supertone horns - little more expensive, generally running around $50 - a bit more stylish and some like the tone - but not quite as loud as the Freeway blaster (Hella are ~ 118dB).

The horn was one of the first things I replaced when I bought my cars - simple operation, simple hand tools and less than 15 minutes you will have a new horn.

Horns are fairly easy to replace.

If you can get one that just plugs into your current wiring, then it is easy.

Some horns have a separate wire for ground, while others are frame grounded.

You may have to cut and splice the wire(s).

As far as warranty - I don't know if the horn is even covered.

The horn has high reliability and seldom fail.

Sometime it has to be adjusted for the sound (tone).

Hope this helps.

Edited by Bikeman982

i have the fiam highway blasters from autozone mounted with my stock horn. its alot louder than stock but not loud to where its a nuisance.

Has anyone had the factory horn replaced by the dealer? I would like a more substantial horn, but don't want to void my warranty and wonder if the dealer can do this. Has anyone done this? If so, about how much did it cost? Thanks!

The "Freeway Blasters" were the first thing I changed the week I bought my Corolla. I did screw up though as I mounted one of them in a direction that eventually allowed it to fill up with water. Someone mentioned about installing them on a motorcycle, which I'm now going to look into.