Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
mysterym

Changed Battery, Car Won't Start

Sounds like a valet mode or timed ignition kill system (anti-carjacking feature). I'd just yank the whole works - some audio chops and dealerships will solder in "extra" wire leads to foil would be car thieves. Makes it "extra" fun to try and diagnose, wire trace leads back to a source.

I think I found the password to it, unfortunately at the moment it's disconnected. I'm having to wait until my friend is here with adequete tools and wire connectors to be able to try to reconnect and hopefully unlock it. It's clear this is the reason why I've had so much trouble starting the car.

Victory!

We have removed the device.

Also we discovered why it worked last night and not today, one of the connectors to the starter solenoid was bent, we re-bent the connector back into place to make contact. Any idea how easy it would be to replace the connector?

Sounds like a valet mode or timed ignition kill system (anti-carjacking feature). I'd just yank the whole works - some audio chops and dealerships will solder in "extra" wire leads to foil would be car thieves. Makes it "extra" fun to try and diagnose, wire trace leads back to a source.

I think I found the password to it, unfortunately at the moment it's disconnected. I'm having to wait until my friend is here with adequete tools and wire connectors to be able to try to reconnect and hopefully unlock it. It's clear this is the reason why I've had so much trouble starting the car.

Victory!

Also we discovered why it worked last night and not today, one of the connectors to the starter solenoid was bent, we re-bent the connector back into place to make contact. Any idea how easy it would be to replace the connector?

Is it one which requires starter removal and dissassembly to change??

Victory!

No, it doesn't. We re-wired the connection to it. we bent up the connector a bit when running leads into it to check for voltage and it needs to be swapped. I don't know exactly what the part would be called, I may have to get it from a junkyard. The car starts fine for now, but that bent up and potentially lose connector is a worry.

Victory!

No, it doesn't. We re-wired the connection to it. we bent up the connector a bit when running leads into it to check for voltage and it needs to be swapped. I don't know exactly what the part would be called, I may have to get it from a junkyard. The car starts fine for now, but that bent up and potentially lose connector is a worry.

OK. The junkyard may be your best bet to get a replacement.

Post a picture and I can check if I have one for you.

I'd take a picture but the piece is presently in my car, it's basically the connector that connects the line from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid.

I'd take a picture but the piece is presently in my car, it's basically the connector that connects the line from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid.

Is it a black connector that slides together??

The other connector to the starter is a connector that has a hole in the center and has a protective cover.