Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
fishexpo101

2003 - 2004 Corolla/matrix Recall Notice

This is quoted from another website:

******** / TMS Toyota Customer Services

Quality Compliance

April 9, 2008

Approved By: Dave Zellers

To: All Toyota Dealers

Special Service Campaign (SSC) 80A (Safety Recall)

Certain 2003 Through 2004 Model Year Corolla and Corolla Matrix Front Door Glass Bolts

******URGENT******

On April 9, 2008, Toyota filed a Defect Information Report (DIR) with the National Highway Traffic Safety

Administration (NHTSA) regarding certain 2003 through 2004 model year Corolla and Corolla Matrix

vehicles equipped with power windows. In the affected vehicles, there is a possibility that

the driver and

front passenger door glass bolts may loosen and come off. In this condition, the door glass may separate

from the window regulator.

There are approximately

539,500 Corolla and Corolla Matrix (2003 though 2004 model year) vehicles

equipped with power windows involved in the U.S.

A dealer package including inspection instructions, VIN list and reimbursement procedures will be mailed

to dealers in mid-April 2008.

Toyota will inform owners of the involved vehicles with a Special Service Campaign notification letter

sent via first class mail beginning in late April, 2008.

All customer inquires should be directed to the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-

331-4331.

If you are a dealership associate and have any questions, please contact your District Service/Parts

Manager.

For News media inquiries only, they should be directed to Ming-Jou Chen (310) 468-4782 or Bill

Kwong (310) 468-3764, in Toyota Corporate Communications. (Please do not provide these numbers

to customers or call if you are a dealer associate.)

The following Q&A has been provided for your reference.

Special Service Campaign (SSC) 80A (SAFETY RECALL)

Certain 2003 through 2004 model year Corolla and Corolla Matrix Front Door Glass Bolts

Q1: What is the condition?

A1: On certain 2003 through 2004 model year Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles equipped with power

windows, the driver and front passenger door glass may separate from the window regulator. In the worst

case, the door glass may bind and shatter during operation of the power windows.

Q2: What is the cause of this condition?

A2: On the affected vehicles, the driver and front passenger door glass bolts may loosen and come off.

Q3: Are there any warnings that this condition exists?

A3: Yes, if this condition has occurred on the vehicle, in some cases due to the components becoming loose

and possibly rattling, an abnormal noise may be heard from the driver and/or front passenger door when

operating the power windows.

Q4: Which and how many vehicles are involved?

A4: There are approximately 539,500 vehicles involved in the U.S.

Model Year Model UIO

2003 2004 Corolla 415,300

2003 2004 Corolla Matrix 124,200

Q5: What is the production period of the affected vehicles?

A5: The affected Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles were produced from January, 2002 to April, 2004.

Q6: Are there any other Toyota or Lexus vehicles involved?

A6: No, this specific condition only affects certain 2003 through 2004 model year Corolla and Corolla Matrix

vehicles.

Q7: How many incidents of this condition have been reported?

A7: There have been 143 cases of this condition reported in the affected vehicles.

Q8: Have there been any accidents reported?

A8: There has been 1 minor accident reported in the affected vehicles which may relate to this condition.

Q9. Have there been any injuries related to the alleged accidents?

A9: There have been 15 reported cases of injuries related to this condition reported in the affected vehicles.

Q10: What is Toyota going to do?

A10: Owners of the involved vehicles will receive a Special Service Campaign notification by first class mail

beginning in late April, 2008. Toyota dealers will replace the two driver and two front passenger door glass

bolts (four bolts total) with newly designed ones at

NO CHARGE to the vehicle owner.

Q11: How long will the repair take?

A11: The repair will take approximately one hour. However, depending upon the dealers work schedule, it may

be necessary to make the vehicle available for a longer period of time.

Q12: Is this campaign related to the recent NHTSA investigation on the Pontiac Vibe?

A12: Yes, this campaign is a direct result of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and

Toyota investigation into the Pontiac Vibe. During the investigation, it was determined that the driver and

front passenger door glass bolts may loosen and come off, causing the door glass to separate from the

window regulator. Based upon the same design, the 2003 through 2004 Toyota Corolla and Corolla Matrix

vehicles were included in this campaign.

Q13: What should an owner do if they experience the condition or have immediate questions or concerns

about the current safety of their vehicle?

A13: Owners are requested to contact their local Toyota dealer for diagnosis and repair.

Original link:

http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/showpos...amp;postcount=1

Received my recall notice today. I probably won't be able to get the work done this week, but will call the dealer and make an appointment soon. So far, I haven't noticed any problems with my front (power) windows on my '03 Corolla LE. Do we know whether or not the origin of the vehicle makes any difference? My Corolla is a J-VIN, made in Japan, with a 100% Japan country of origin.

As of 05/21 I haven't had the Recall work done yet. However, I am still not noticing any problem with my windows. They appear to be securely connected to the regulator, no problems going up or down on either side. I am quite reticent to fix something which isn't broken. Does anyone know how long the dealers will honor the Recall notice if the problem appears at a later date? Has anyone else had the problem and had the Recall fix done on their Corolla?

Guest ShawnTheITGuy

I thought that when a recall was started, which involves NHTSA, that the recall would be ongoing. I've never heard of a time limit.

Guest TomL

I got my notice in the mail, took my 2004 Corolla to my nearest Toyota dealer, and they did the work while I waited. It took less than 45min.

Yeah, I had my corolla in the other day getting a fuse replaced (read the other thread on boosting your corolla correctly) and when I picked it up they said that they had replaced the window bolts since they had it in the shop. I too, was having no problems. The windows still work fine after they changed the bolts. I hadn't even heard of this problem. My corolla was built in Canada in Ontario.