Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
bduff

Door Locks

ok so ive noticed my drivers door hasnt been opening all the doors with my central locking only the drivers door was thinking i need to buy new locks but would that mean i have to buy a new ignition lock also or please explain what i would need to buy i would like to upgrade to remote central locking but atm i dont think i can afford it and if i did i would want a car alarm, any cheap serjestions email me at duffys_here@hotmail.com im on a buget , as i dont work and sorta half way between another proget with my car , custom door pods outa fiberglass half done i gess well 1/4 lol thats what i dont like bout the corollas the speakers 4in and 4x7 or what ever they are its shocking

I'm assuming that you have power door locks on the car, the passenger side is unlocking them fine, just the driver side is acting weird?

On the driver's side door - unlock "once" to unlock just the driver's door, unlock "twice" to unlock all the doors (this is using the key in the door lock). If this if from the inside - could be a wiring or switch issue - not the lock itself.

If you do not have powered door locks - the only way to do it is adding door solenoids to unlock the doors - those can get expensive. There, would be easier to pull them from a salvaged car - that way you can get all the wiring and switches that you need. The physical lock would not change (ie. no re-keying necessary).

Must be power door locks. I have the same problem on my 1994.

The key will unlock all the doors from the passenger side lock, but sticks on the drivers side.

I think the drivers lock is sticking, because I changed it and the key is harder to turn.

To get it to work better, I would need to take it apart and work it so there is a little "play" in it (loosen it up).

Then it would work better and the key would not be as hard to turn.

Fortunately, I hardly use it and seldom lock my doors.

I don't keep anything valuable in the car and the insurance settlement would be more than I paid for the car.

Anyone want my address to come and steal it??

yes and leave the keys in there as i dont no howto hot it i gess it wouldnt be hard spark from the ignition but backto the point yes there power doors ( central locking ) and yea i dont no bout the turn once turn twice issue ive had my car 7 or so months and ive never had to turn it twice befor to open all the doors only once same with my passenger side im thinking its got some thing to do with the wireing from the drivers door to were ever they all link up to ( dont tell me its the thing inthe centre consol the lock unlock thing might have to test that tomorrow cause ive played around with the consol befor might have bumped the plug out who noes ) i desided not to spend any money from now untill june as im broke and need it for may so no 2way remote central locking/ engine imobiliser / remote start gess ill have to buy that for me birthday :) unless some one wants to donate to me its only like $200 then the install but im thinking i will do it my self

ok so i was out in the car the other day and desided to have a look at this lock and see wat was wrong with it i put the key in and turned and didnt open all the doors just the drivers one so i tryed and tryed again and again and it worked one time so i was playing around and worked out some times if i put the key in and turn it and hold it turned it will wait then click the others open its really weird any one no wat that means and my butten in my consol locks and unlocks all the doors and my pasenger side unlock and locks all the doors

Must need time for the electrons to flow to all the door locks, so turning and holding it gives it thattime.

At least it still works and as the saying goes - "Don't fix it, if it ain't broke".

nar it only works some times like my mum did it today and opened straight away dont no bout the locking when we got out forgot to check but it would be nice for it to lock every time i dont wana think ive locked it and it get broken into theres like $600 or more worth of audio equipment

any one wana donate to me :) more then welcome

bit of back ground reasons , mum cant work cause of her neck , dads a snipwit and wont even give my sis money for text books for her hsc , parents are split , i lost my licence so i cant work for a bit , holiday coming up i need to find money for , im already in det to mum like 7 grand worth due to car/security course ,

u no u wana send me money so i can finish my car off at least my fiberglass door pods and interior painted

lets start a fund raiser for me and see how much we can put together to fix my little car up i love my car its the only thing keeping me going theses days i just wish i had the money to finish making my door pods ( putting a 6in and 4in in the front :) should be good made the frame and sorta up to fiberglassing i gess but dont have any more money to go buy more stuff , im sure if i had 10 grand i would put it all into that little car rather then buy a new one and sell the old i cant wait till i earn big money im so gona make it a project car and put it in shows one day

Edited by bduff