Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
twinky64

Selling 1976 Toyota Celica

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!

You get any responses yet to your craigslist add??

a ton of scammers. A couple of people wanted to buy it off of me. One from san diego; he's in the navy. Apparently he's not allowed to own any classic vehicles older that 15 years old. Another guy in Moorpark. He seemed really interested and then he just stopped answering his phone. So....kinda wierd. I'm not in too big of a hurry to sell it. I like this car but I just dont have time for it right now. I don't know, do you think that a classic running celica that passed smog for $2000 is too high? I know people can get a better conditioned corolla from 93-97 for about that much but this is a classic though. O well....I'll just have to wait and see.

You get any responses yet to your craigslist add??

a ton of scammers. A couple of people wanted to buy it off of me. One from san diego; he's in the navy. Apparently he's not allowed to own any classic vehicles older that 15 years old. Another guy in Moorpark. He seemed really interested and then he just stopped answering his phone. So....kinda wierd. I'm not in too big of a hurry to sell it. I like this car but I just dont have time for it right now. I don't know, do you think that a classic running celica that passed smog for $2000 is too high? I know people can get a better conditioned corolla from 93-97 for about that much but this is a classic though. O well....I'll just have to wait and see.

Don't waste your time with the obvious scammers. If that guy from Moorpark is really interested, he will contact you again.

If you are not in a hurry to sell it, then you can hold out until someone is really interested.

A classic Celica (does it even have a KBB value??) that passed smog is probably extremely rare.

I don't know if $2000 is too much, or not enough. It depends on the market.

I can get 1993 - 1997 Corollas for anywhere from $300 - $6000, depending on condition.

I try to get them as cheap as possible - preferably less than $1000.00.

From your pictures, it looks like there would be a lot of work to completely restore the car and

unless it is a project for someone, the average guy would not buy it.

If you really want to sell it - get it more restored and then put it up for sale again.

You can always keep offering it and lower the price until genuine people start getting interested in it.

Eventually it will be sold and you will not have to even think about it again.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Bikeman982

Just sell it for what you want - especially if you are in no hurry.

The last couple of older imports that I saw sold at an autoshow - there was a 1987 Celica GT Convertible, good shape - sold for about $3300. Of course there was a big deal for a mint condition 1970 Toyota 2000GT - that bad boy sold for nearly $170K. That's not even the record - I think someone paid over $250K for a mint 2000GT.

Market is pretty soft for car collectors right now - if some one wants it, they will pay what you want for it - if you have a little time, should start to pick up pretty soon. But Bike is right - this is not going to generate a lot of interest in your average buyer - you'll have to wait until a collector or car enthusiast drops by.