Sign in to follow this  
riker1384

Tire Recommendations For Lower Noise?

The thing is, with the floaty suspension it's not really pleasant to push the car to its limits. I'd like decent traction, hopefully somewhat better than my General tires, but it seems pointless to get high-performance tires. I would like something less noisy, and maybe smoother. I think my tires may be getting rougher than they were originally though, so anything might be smoother. Now, the Corolla is soft and floaty but it still has more "NVH" than some other cars that are a little bigger.

I did put Michelin Harmony on my 05 Corolla, and they have been good tires. However, they are $88 at TireRack.com.

Next time I'm going to try Kumho tires. They have a model, KR21, $50 each, that has a 640 wear rating (Harmony had 720), with AB rating. This car came with Goodyear Integrity. Worst tires I ever had.. Wore out in 18,000 miles, hydroplaned, etc. I've always had trouble with General tires throwing chunks of sidewall at highway speed, so I'll never buy them again.