Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BushwickBill

Rear Small Window Replacement

Guest BushwickBill

Hello, I have been searching the forum but can't find a specific answer to this question:

I have a 2005 corolla CE. The rear right side small window (the little one on the rear door) was smashed in by some idiot :ph34r: . I have the replacement window and the rubber seal. I have cleaned all of the broken glass out and I am ready to install the new glass.

How do I go about replacing this piece of glass? It seems like I need to take the top part of the trim off of the door on the inside. I don't have a 2005 shop manual.

Can someone give me a hint where to start? Reading through the forum some people asked questions about removing the door panels but the process was not very clear.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Dave

Hello, I have been searching the forum but can't find a specific answer to this question:

I have a 2005 corolla CE. The rear right side small window (the little one on the rear door) was smashed in by some idiot :ph34r: . I have the replacement window and the rubber seal. I have cleaned all of the broken glass out and I am ready to install the new glass.

How do I go about replacing this piece of glass? It seems like I need to take the top part of the trim off of the door on the inside. I don't have a 2005 shop manual.

Can someone give me a hint where to start? Reading through the forum some people asked questions about removing the door panels but the process was not very clear.

Dave

Check with a glass shop, but I think you pull all the trim out, put it around the glass, then glue it into the window hole.

Guest BushwickBill

Dave

Check with a glass shop, but I think you pull all the trim out, put it around the glass, then glue it into the window hole.

I know that the window seal is a rubber type and it came out with the broken glass. It was not glued.There is some trim near the bottom of the window that looks like it holds the window in. In fact the replacement window will not fit in the existing hole unless the trim is moved somehow. How do I take this trim off? Is there anything inside the door that holds the window in place other than the trim?

Thanks for your time

Dave

You could fairly easily remove the inside door trim and look to see if there is something there that helps hold the little window in place.

Edited by Bikeman982