Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Bikeman982

Just Turned 160,000 Miles

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!

Plate isn't looking like a champ but that's a great story!

My dad backed into it years ago with the motorhome and dented the license plate with the boat trailer hitch. The paint has just started peeling on the roofline and of course the front end has so many rock chips it almost looks like it was sprinkled with white paint.

With these high mileage Corollas, do you guys change the suspension often?

My suspension is still factory (and still functional) at 440k miles. The bushings are worn out and one of the strut hats is starting to crack but none of the struts have let out the magic oil yet, they still do their job just fine.

Plate isn't looking like a champ but that's a great story!

My dad backed into it years ago with the motorhome and dented the license plate with the boat trailer hitch. The paint has just started peeling on the roofline and of course the front end has so many rock chips it almost looks like it was sprinkled with white paint.

With these high mileage Corollas, do you guys change the suspension often?

My suspension is still factory (and still functional) at 440k miles. The bushings are worn out and one of the strut hats is starting to crack but none of the struts have let out the magic oil yet, they still do their job just fine.

That's amazing, on our 93', we've replaced the struts once already and looks like it will require another one soon, we have just under 100K miles on it.

That's amazing, on our 93', we've replaced the struts once already and looks like it will require another one soon, we have just under 100K miles on it.

To be quite honest I dont know how the car still runs and drives let alone functions near the factory level in all ways except engine power. As the miles pile up she gets a lil more out of breath going up big hills but I would still trust this car for a trip across the country on a moments notice.

Toyota is so nice to give 100+K miles warranty - but when it is up, don't forget to change the timing belt!

my car lost a timing belt about 120k miles ago, we towed it to the shop and had it back on the road the next day, i love non-interference engines

Wow! Amazing that nothing happened to your car! Good to know Toyota's engine is that robust :)

Toyota is so nice to give 100+K miles warranty - but when it is up, don't forget to change the timing belt!

my car lost a timing belt about 120k miles ago, we towed it to the shop and had it back on the road the next day, i love non-interference engines

Guest Hadi

Corolla 2001 1.8L, 204k already, running great & looks great. I do not add any oil between changes (regularly change oil at 3k & filter at 6k).

The only repairs done: changing the evaporator due to a minor leak in freon+ overhauling of clutch at 60K due to driving habits of the pre-owner (got my car at 40K and the clutch was not good).

My car is just over 142,000 miles. It's a 1994 Super White DX (1.8) auto. Things that have been done to the car (to my knowledge)... alternator at 90,000, thermostat, distributor cap & rotor recently (140,000), front motor mount (at about 130,000), brakes (at 135,000) wires and plugs, air filter & oil changes & belts religiously. I had a coolant flush at about 125,000. Also I had to have the harmonic balancer changed at around 130,000.

The car still runs pretty much like a dream. It doesn't seem to burn ANY oil. NO LEAKS, and it still gets pretty good gas mileage (about 29-33). I plan on driving it all the way to California in a year, when I move there. I have no doubt that it will make it there painlessly.

The only thing I have to basically decide is whether or not I'd like to do some suspension work. I know the car probably isn't worth more than $2,800, but if I replaced the struts and had it ride a little smoother, I'd love this car even more.

I also am wondering whether or not I've had the timing belt changed on this car?

All in all, cannot complain. This baby is built to last.

Oo, I forgot, I had to replace 2 interior door handles... lol. And my stock speakers sound a little crappy...

Who else has a little bit of rust forming on their 1993-1994? I have some rust around the rims of the rear wheel wells. I sand it down, and prime and paint every summer... but unfortunately, I think it's irreversible at this point. It's starting to eat the metal a bit.

I pretty much think this car will rust and fall apart before the engine EVER gives up. (Hopefully years from now.)

Edited by 94 RoLLa DX