Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
sail114

Want To Buy: 4 Steel Wheels For An '06 Corolla

just find some at the junkyard that fit. i bet camry or celica wheels from certain years work just fine.

I agree - if he just wants any steel rims that will fit, so he can put tires and hubcaps on them - a junkyard would have them for less $$$.

I just mounted my blizzaks on the stock steelies. I'll buy new wheels/tires this spring when I need them. What a difference the tires make though! I was suprised that they actually handle better the Integrity's that come on the car, despite the agressive tread pattern. The only thing is that they are quite loud (which I expected). I just can't remember if Blizzaks were this loud when I had them on my contour or not.

Anyone know how i should expect the Corolla to handle in snow with good tires? It weighs about 500lbs less then my last car, and I've only ever driven 5spd's before this one...

Your Corolla should do fine with the new snow tires. I wrote a similar response to this in another part of the forum....but honestly if you put good snow tires on all four wheels, you'll be fine. Anything you can't get through with the new snow tires, you probably shouldn't be driving in with a Toyota Corolla.

I live where we have very harsh winters and my wife's Corolla was acceptable with the Integritys whenever it was new. However, now that we've added another 10,000-12,000 miles to those same tires, they were absolutely horrible. Therefore, we actually bought four new winter tires and I already got a chance to test them! I am thinking I should have done that from the beginning.

The probably is that people think all season radials are designed for snow. They are acceptable in snow, but they are basically all around performers in various environments. You will not get superb performance in any one particular environment because they are basically general purpose. The newer designed all season radials are worse than those several years back because people want something that will ride quiet.

Obviously, all of the options and features require something to give and usually snow traction is what loses. When the all seasons are new, they will be okay in the snow, but as soon as they show any wear, the treads are too thin and they go nowhere.

I just mounted my blizzaks on the stock steelies. I'll buy new wheels/tires this spring when I need them. Anyone know how i should expect the Corolla to handle in snow with good tires? It weighs about 500lbs less then my last car, and I've only ever driven 5spd's before this one...

I don't know what snows you have, but mine are Revo's and they worked great for me last year in their first winter. I remember the first really bad, slippery snowfall we had last year. After work at 2:00 am I was an hour late getting home as I was deliberately taking steep hills (up & down) to test them out.