Sign in to follow this  
twinky64

Tornado Vortex?

having too much intake can cause a loss of torque at low engine speeds (i dont entirely understand why, i just know it to be true) and not enough intake can cause loss of power and higher rpms (it just cant pull in enough air).

by making the intake runner size variable they can get the best of both, and with VVT they can do even more. the new chrysler/mitsu/hyundai world engine uses both.

Honestly, I have no idea how or if all these gagets out do anything.

But I AM running with a tornado in my 4rnr.

When I first got the car... many moons ago... it was running 16-17miles/gallon.

After installing the tornado, another magnet thing on the fuel line (again, no idea how or if it works), getting rid of the full size spare (which must wiegh 50lb or more!) and a few other changes, i am currently running 20-21miles.

So, does it give more power? no idea.

does it give better milage? i dont see how it possibly could, but it seems to work.

I have also run with acetone in the tank b/c "its supposed to get better milage". i am not convinced of it. but i am always willing to test it out.

one of these days, i will make it all stock and see if my milage drops...

tdk.

You'd think, with all the money that goes into power improvements and especially fuel economy, that if someone made such a simple device that could make improvments of several percent that it would be in every single new car and the inventor would be a billionaire. He wouldn't have to advertise on late-night TV, he would present it to the big car companies and they'd test it and take it in a heartbeat.

Ah, didn't you watch "Who killed the Electric Car"? The oil mafia, I mean company, and the auto industry are colluding to keep oil demand high. If everyone drives simple electric cars, oil mafias, I mean company, would not be making $10 billion every 3 months, and the car companies' profit would take a nose dive because it demand heavily on having complex vehicles that uses a lot of parts, like in gasoline cars. Similarly, if there is a simple device that can reduce the profit margin of big oil mafia, I mean company, you can be sure to see a compaign to discredit the inventor and his invention.