Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Bikeman982

Anyone Need Old 1.6l 4a-fe Engines - For Parts? Ca

I have two old 1.6L 4A-FE engines in my yard that I don't need.

One was from my sons' car and was seized (probably bad head gasket and ??).

The other was from a neighbor who said it has a bad crankshaft or seals.

Anyone local that would like to come by and check them out, let me know.

If you would pay for shipping I can put them on a pallet (I can hoist them up on a truck with my engine hoist). You contact a shipper and I will be here for them.

The engines are basic blocks and if I get no takers, I am bringing them to the scrap place to see if they will give me $$ for the metal.

The problem with your old engines is that anyone could get the same thing locally, without having to pay the shipping charges from CA. So, unless you are willing to wait longer to sell them locally, if I were you, I'd be taking them to the scrap yard. If you're anything like me, the space they're taking up would be more valuable to me than the engines.

The problem with your old engines is that anyone could get the same thing locally, without having to pay the shipping charges from CA. So, unless you are willing to wait longer to sell them locally, if I were you, I'd be taking them to the scrap yard. If you're anything like me, the space they're taking up would be more valuable to me than the engines.

Inevitably that will be their final outcome.

The local junkyard will take them as donations, but that doesn't recoup any of the $$ that I spent to obtain them.

Are the crankshaft pulleys in good condition?

You need crankshaft pulleys?? They are sometimes called harmonic balancers. Yes, they are all in good condition - need one??

For packrats like myself, "need" is too strong a requirement for buying things. I would like to buy one or two that are in good condition. You should consider saving them for yourself. They cost several hundred dollars new and the junkyard ones are often in bad shape.

The 4AFE is an interesting engine ebay-wise. The block with pistons and crank (and nothing else on it) is light enough to ship by UPS. But the only seller I know who advertises it this way is surplusautoparts. He has new old stock.

Edited by tashirosgt

For packrats like myself, "need" is too strong a requirement for buying things. I would like to buy one or two that are in good condition. You should consider saving them for yourself. They cost several hundred dollars new and the junkyard ones are often in bad shape.

They are plentiful in my local junkyard and I don't use them very frequently. I would never buy a new one - way too expensive.