Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
twinky64

Maximum Rpm 1zz-fe

What is the maximum stock rpm for a 1998 toyota corolla 1ZZ-FE?

1st gear takes me up to 33mph and I want to know how fast my engine is rotating

2nd gear takes me to 55

3rd to 80

4th to 110

5th to unknown

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!

You mean redline? On the 1ZZ-FE in Corollas - it is ~6250 RPMs. Max horsepower pops up @6000 RPMs.

How far can you go safely with the 1ZZ-FE - 6300 to maybe 6400 RPMs if it uses the standard powder metal rods - up to 6500 to 6700 RPMs with the forged rods. (Can hit 7K with upgraded valve springs - 1ZZ-FED engine only or built 1ZZ-FE).

Anything after that - your risking expensive damage (broken crank, rod, etc. - valves start to float around 6500 RPMs)

What is the maximum stock rpm for a 1998 toyota corolla 1ZZ-FE?

1st gear takes me up to 33mph and I want to know how fast my engine is rotating

2nd gear takes me to 55

3rd to 80

4th to 110

5th to unknown

I take it you don't have a Tach. Anyway, the redline on my 1ZZ-FE motor in a 2005 LE is at 6400 RPM. You do know the redline isn't the maximum RPM an engine will turn, but it is the maximum you should make it turn to avoid damaging the engine right? Maximum on my Tach is 8000 RPM. I assume your redline and max are at a similar position. BTW, your owner's manual has a table in it that tells you suggested shift speeds or shift RPMs. If you look at that table, you will find that ceratain speeds correspond with certain RPMs. It isn't exact but it is a general idea of what you're turning at any given speed.

If you keep max'ing it out - it won't take you anywhere. It will stop working for you after you throw a rod.

I've never hit anywhere close to redline on the Corolla, let alone the maximum RPM. It isn't good for the car and I like this car and want it to last a long time. I have the oil changed every 5000-7500 miles, I follow the recommended maintenance as per the manufacturer. I check my Oil, ATF, PS, Brake, Coolant and Winshield Washer levels on a biweekly basis usually and on a monthly basis when I'm at school and not driving much. I check the condition of my belts and hoses whenever I do a fluid check. I also check to make sure all my exterior lamps are functioning at that time. I also have my tires rotated at the regular intervals and I check their pressures, check for abnormal wear, and keep them inflated properly. I wash, wax and polish my paint. I park inside whenever I can. Did I mention I touch up stonechips as soon after they happen as possible and I have a hood protector. I can't think of any other way I can take better care of my car.

If you keep max'ing it out - it won't take you anywhere. It will stop working for you after you throw a rod.

I've never hit anywhere close to redline on the Corolla, let alone the maximum RPM. It isn't good for the car and I like this car and want it to last a long time. I have the oil changed every 5000-7500 miles, I follow the recommended maintenance as per the manufacturer. I check my Oil, ATF, PS, Brake, Coolant and Winshield Washer levels on a biweekly basis usually and on a monthly basis when I'm at school and not driving much. I check the condition of my belts and hoses whenever I do a fluid check. I also check to make sure all my exterior lamps are functioning at that time. I also have my tires rotated at the regular intervals and I check their pressures, check for abnormal wear, and keep them inflated properly. I wash, wax and polish my paint. I park inside whenever I can. Did I mention I touch up stonechips as soon after they happen as possible and I have a hood protector. I can't think of any other way I can take better care of my car.

Sounds like you go over and above the normal care. You should be commended. Your initial post seemed like a question to determine how hard you could push the engine (the limits). Not good for developing as a normal driving habit. Good job - you are a credit to all Corolla owners and someone to be emulated (a good example of a caring owner).

Bikeman,

Read the posts carefully. I wasn't the one asking how to max out the Corolla. Twinky asked that, I simply informed him the redline was at 6400, the max was 8000 and that he should not go above the redline or even hit it unless he likes to replace his engine. I have hit the redline in other cars, in fact I've hit the rev-limiter in the Mazda a couple of times, but that isn't a car I'm keeping. I'm into keeping my stuff in pristine order as best as I can, not trashing it. I have thought for a long time now that keeping your stuff up saves money so you can afford to buy nicer things in the first place.

O yea, I know that isn't the abs. max rotation the engine can handle. I don't have a tach, your right. I also think that engine speed to vehicle velocity is linear, ergo, I would like to know when to shift at optimum rpms. Just in case. The 98 corolla hits max rpms at 5600 rpms. The manual does not inform me the engine speed at recommended shifting speeds. This is what it says

For everyday driving

1st - 15

2nd - 28

3rd - 40

4th - 45

5th - 45 and higher

For maximum engine rotation

1st - 33

2nd - 55

3rd - 80

4th - 110

5th - unknown

However, the hp has already dropped when I hit those speeds.

Bikeman,

Read the posts carefully. I wasn't the one asking how to max out the Corolla. Twinky asked that, I simply informed him the redline was at 6400, the max was 8000 and that he should not go above the redline or even hit it unless he likes to replace his engine. I have hit the redline in other cars, in fact I've hit the rev-limiter in the Mazda a couple of times, but that isn't a car I'm keeping. I'm into keeping my stuff in pristine order as best as I can, not trashing it. I have thought for a long time now that keeping your stuff up saves money so you can afford to buy nicer things in the first place.

Sorry Contour, it must be twinky who is trying to see how high his RPM can get.

Bikeman,

I'm not quite seeing how high my rpms get, I'm just wondering what redline on a stock corolla factory setting is. Just curious is all

Bikeman,

I'm not quite seeing how high my rpms get, I'm just wondering what redline on a stock corolla factory setting is. Just curious is all

I don't have a tach. on my car either. It would be nice to know.