Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
twinky64

Corollas Vs. Celica

fish, dr tweak is VERY active on 6gc.net. he does alot of 6th gen celica swaps at pheonix performance and does alot of wireharnesses for peoples swaps.

Does he do any 7th generation Corollas??

i dont know, hop on 6gc.net and PM him.

trap
fish, dr tweak is VERY active on 6gc.net. he does alot of 6th gen celica swaps at pheonix performance and does alot of wireharnesses for peoples swaps.

Good to know that he is busy - thanks for the head's up. I'll take a peek and see what he is up to.

The website looks like it is just Celicas.

the 94+ celica ST shares the corolla DX drivetrain, the celica and corolla also share alot of suspension, brakes, ect. im over there, theres a couple other corolla people too.

Edited by the99contour

the 94+ celica ST shares the corolla DX drivetrain, the celica and corolla also share alot of suspension, brakes, ect. im over there, theres a couple other corolla people too.

Do they have the same engines?

Edited by the99contour

So I guess I can get a newer more current corolla, but they are too bulbous, bubbly, big, tall, and eggy. The tires look too small for the car like its misproportioned. The 3 biggest things about the current corolla I don't like, shape, turning radius is larger, and the ride height. Wow, I drove an 03 corolla S and wow just wow, I felt like I was sitting almost as high as a 2000 pickup truck, and the suspension did not feel sport tuned at all, it felt too mushy and I couldn't feel the road as much as my 98 corolla can. So my other alternative is getting a good gas mileage vehicle that is more modable, toyota, and more hp.

Twinky,

I've driven lots of different types of cars and I know one thing: Any given car has a mission in life, you can only measure it against what it's mission is, and nothing else.

A Corolla isn't meant to be a sports or sporty car. It isn't meant to be fast, it isn't meant to be connected to the road, it isn't meant to be alot of the things you seem to want out of a car. Car and Driver said it best, a Corolla is an excellent transportation appliance. Its mission in life is to be an inexpensive to own and operate car with excellent reliability. It does that perfectly.

Is that what I want out of a car, is my ultimate dream car a transportation appliance? No it isn't. My dream car is a lightweight sports-like car with a convertible top and a totally connected driving experience. But that isn't what is best for me now. It isn't what I need to haul my stuff, it isn't good for taking my friends out on a Friday night. It won't let me give freshman who don't have cars rides home on weekends.

If you want a car with the connectedness and all that, try a Mazda3s. I've been driving one of those for the better part of a year and it is a pseudo-sports car. It has a sexier look than the Corolla, bigger wheels (17"), ground effects, the euro tails, etc. The interior is hot. The handling, braking, steering are all tight and sports car like. The acceleration is good on mine but won't be as good on one you can buy. I have the non Cali version, you get saddled with all that emissions crap and a lower performing engine, but it's still faster than a Corolla. It comes in a 5 door hatch and a 4 door sedan. Trunk space is tighter than the 9th generation Corolla in the sedan but bigger than the 8th generation. It comes with standard folding seats and stabilizer bars front and rear, 4 wheel disc brakes are also standard and there is the optional automatic transmission called the Sport AT that is a blast to drive. It's just like a stick but it downshifts for you when you stop and you don't have a clutch.

the ST has the 7afe, yes.

There is no 4A-FE in the Celicas??

not the 6th gen, i think maybe 4th or 5th gen had a 4A of some kind.

the ST has the 7afe, yes.

There is no 4A-FE in the Celicas??

not the 6th gen, i think maybe 4th or 5th gen had a 4A of some kind.

I put a post on his website and maybe he will respond to it.

Twinky,

I LOVED my Gen5 Celica GT. Its realiable and very easy to drive.

We sold it a while back, but I still see it drive by sometimes (the new owner's workplace is close to mine).

I had no major issues with it. Like the corolla, its a solid car.

During the 2years I owned it, it was mainly my wife's ride, and sometimes my toy. Other than the parts that I replaced, due to wear and tear, I did not have anything go wrong.

The clutch was very forgiving. My wife re-learned to drive a stick on my Celica. I think she stalled 2-3times in 2yrs. She is now driving a 5sp Saab, and stalls it every other week...

It feels sporty, its not a FAST car (everything is relative), but its got pep.

Not as many parts available (vs honda), but I am not a Honda fan...

There are quite a few sites dedicated to Celica's, My favorite was toyotacelicaonline.com

my 2bits.

tdk

Twinky,

I LOVED my Gen5 Celica GT.

tdk- I loved all three of my Celicas (as you mnight have read in my earlier post). Hated to see Toyota drop the model.

Twinky,

I LOVED my Gen5 Celica GT.

tdk- I loved all three of my Celicas (as you mnight have read in my earlier post). Hated to see Toyota drop the model.

They don't make Celicas anymore??

In addition, they are going to axe the 2ZZ-GE powered cars as well (Corolla XRS and Matrix XRS) after the 2008 model year.

Lots of well known, highly respected sport/sporty cars have been killed of by Toyota - Supra, Celica, MR2, "performance" Corolla/Matrix. Just not enough people buying these types of vehicles anymore to justify continued production.

Hopefully, they will release them in the future - possibly a limited run model. One can only hope.