Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
jupiterboy

Transmission Chatter Update

I'm collecting information and educating myself.

Member on another forum just got a complete transmission replace plus throwout bearing. No change in the sound. I've asked him to check and confirm that the bearing was greased. Waiting on reply.

trap
I'm collecting information and educating myself.

Member on another forum just got a complete transmission replace plus throwout bearing. No change in the sound. I've asked him to check and confirm that the bearing was greased. Waiting on reply.

He had a standard transmission and on automatics the clutch and throw out bearing are replaced with a torque converter.

Not sure I understand. He has an XRS that exhibits a similar noise. At least we describe it the same way.

If a transmission replacement and throwout bearing replace doesn't fix the noise then I'm on boat that it is what it is.

I will persue finding out if the bearing was greased during install.

Sounds good - keep us updated. So far, the noise has not cropped up in the Matrix, but I';m not sure if the trannys are identical or not. I just have problems with the clutch having to be beefed up a bit over OEM (dragging around about 300lbs more than the Celica this stuff was based on).

Good to see that you have elevated this in a well though out and systematic level. Keeping a cool head is tough when you have a problem that doens't go away. I'm sure you will get some resolution from this.

Not sure I understand. He has an XRS that exhibits a similar noise. At least we describe it the same way.

If a transmission replacement and throwout bearing replace doesn't fix the noise then I'm on boat that it is what it is.

I will persue finding out if the bearing was greased during install.

If the bearing was greased during installation and he still has the noise, it may not be in the clutch at all.

Maybe a driveshaft problem?