Sign in to follow this  
fastcorolla98

98 Corolla

A Rally, as in autocross or rally as in road rally - dirt, tarmac, gravel, roads?

If it is the former, I would not add a roll cage - that will automatically vault you into the upper classe, plus with the chassis as it is - not worth the money or time unless you strip it down to the unibody and atleast double up on all the spot welds, gusseting key parts of the frame to roll cage, etc.

If it is the latter, the car is definitely not even close to road rallying. It might hold up for a few miles - but after that, just a matter of time before parts start to shed off. Definitely a good project to do - if you got the time and money. Basically have to weld close every seam on the body.

yeh it is the latter acutally and yeh it is gonna take alot of time and money but i'm planning on spending a long time getting it ready

A Rally, as in autocross or rally as in road rally - dirt, tarmac, gravel, roads?

If it is the former, I would not add a roll cage - that will automatically vault you into the upper classe, plus with the chassis as it is - not worth the money or time unless you strip it down to the unibody and atleast double up on all the spot welds, gusseting key parts of the frame to roll cage, etc.

If it is the latter, the car is definitely not even close to road rallying. It might hold up for a few miles - but after that, just a matter of time before parts start to shed off. Definitely a good project to do - if you got the time and money. Basically have to weld close every seam on the body.

yeh it is the latter acutally and yeh it is gonna take alot of time and money but i'm planning on spending a long time getting it ready

Good luck!

thx it'll b a couple years but it'll b cool when i get it done

Everyone should have a "Project car". It helps keep you off the streets and also gives valuable automotive experience (not to mention a reason to spend money).