Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Bitter

Well I Got The Header...

trap
nope, its a 100% direct fit! im not sure how the cali spec is setup tho, do you have only one O2 sensor and whats your manifold look like? like this i'd assume....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huz...ne/4f4e555f.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huz...ne/9f811d9c.jpg

My exhaust manifold is identical, but I also have the catalytic converter (or muffler - whatever it is) under the manifold. The O2 sensor is identical. That is what I was unsure of on the new header, since e-Bay sells exhaust manifolds with and without the mounting for the O2 sensor.

so instead of just a peice of pipe you have a cat? you mean you have 2 cats? how many oxygen sensors?

I am not sure exactly what it is - muffler or another cat.- but it is under the exhaust manifold. I have two O2 sensors, one in the exhaust manifold and another after the larger part before the actual cat and muffler.

The car may have been made like that for CA specs.

yea, that is a cali spec. i have ONLY one O2 sensor and the header has a place for only ONE O2 sensor. you'd have to do some work to make the ebay header work on the car.

Was the header too close to the alternator and you were afraid of the heat affecting it, so you made an insulator between them?

Was the header too close to the alternator and you were afraid of the heat affecting it, so you made an insulator between them?

yep, the alternator wiring loom and the back of the alternator got very hot. so after i put that little doohicky on they get about as warm as they did before.

yep, the alternator wiring loom and the back of the alternator got very hot. so after i put that little doohicky on they get about as warm as they did before.

I wonder if you could have covered the wires instead of the pipe?

it was faster and easier to cover the runner, i didnt have a quick way to mount a sheild on the alternator.

Good quick fix - you trying to get something more permanent? Did your pipes change color after use, or are they still shiny chrome??

i have a 150 mile drive friday and back on sunday to track highway mileage.

So what was the result? And how is the overal performance with some miles on it?

well.....the AC was off and on more than i've used it before (since it works now) and i was going 80ish on the way down. i really didnt track mileage since thats not how i normally drive. on the way back the exhaust pipe was bent, restricting flow somewhat and the AC was on alot since it was a very warm sunny day.

when i drive somewhere and im not using the AC and the exhaust is fixed i'll figure it. the AC REALLY sucks my gas down.

its got some rasp now that dies off as the rpms increase. i may fix that eventually by replacing the flex section with a better one or a solid peice of stainless pipe.

its got some rasp now that dies off as the rpms increase. i may fix that eventually by replacing the flex section with a better one or a solid peice of stainless pipe.

But does it sound louder?