Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
ycr99

Scion

CP- The xB does come in a hopped-up version called "Release." Can't remember if it's turbo or not. I agree re: "youth market." Tell e'm it's FOR them, and they won't buy it.

CP- The xB does come in a hopped-up version called "Release." Can't remember if it's turbo or not. I agree re: "youth market." Tell e'm it's FOR them, and they won't buy it.

I certainly enjoy my Scion tC. Also, I'm not the target demographic.

A "base" Scion tC with 5 speed and the Side Air Bag package was under $17,600 delivered, IIRC. It comes with a great set of features, the 2.4L Camry engine, keyless entry, the all glass top/sliding moonroof, ABS and 17" wheels. Oh, a decent sound system with controls on the wheel, tilt and cruise control.

I didn't buy an dealer accessories, so no wings, shift knobs, bigger wheels or lowering kits for me.

But if you do go for that sort of thing, having the factory warranty on all the dealer installed accessories is attractive to some.

I was tempted to get the TRD supercharger, installed by the dealer, knowing it would be covered by Scion/Toyota

Did some googling upon reading about this right here. Seems like it has the same Echo engine after all - no extra performance. The soup-ups are mostly cosmetic, the main attraction being an Alpine DVD entertainment system with two 7" LCDs standard, one behind each headrest.

Did some googling upon reading about this right here. Seems like it has the same Echo engine after all - no extra performance. The soup-ups are mostly cosmetic, the main attraction being an Alpine DVD entertainment system with two 7" LCDs standard, one behind each headrest.

Why is it that no matter what sound system is installed in a car, the new owner's want to change it?

Why is it that no matter what sound system is installed in a car, the new owner's want to change it?

Because most stock audio is crap. Even the so called premium OEM systems in most cars from BOSE, JBL, Alpine, Infinity, etc are far, far below the level of quality and sound that can be obtained by using even midline aftermarket components of the same brands. If you want awesome audio, you simply have to go aftermarket or buy a $130,000 Mercedes or $100,000 BMW or a Lexus with Mark Levinson Sound.