Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  

How Fast Would You Go?

Seems like everyone who posted on this thread has vilated the speed limit at one time or another. My Corolla could go faster than any of yours but I don't want to show off. Let's all meet at one place and have a race!

why would you think that any of your corollas would be faster than any other corolla/prizm. from a roll im confident that i could keep pace with a 5spd model of my car or possibly even an automatic 1zzfe corolla/prizm.

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!

You guys are lame, I had my Contour doing 100 regularly on my way down to detroit. I hit 115 and the limiter kicked in... Car was smooth as butter going 100, I tried to do 70 the whole way, but sometimes I would look down at my gauge cluster and be hitting 90 and not even realising it. Man I love that car...

You guys are lame, I had my Contour doing 100 regularly on my way down to detroit. I hit 115 and the limiter kicked in... Car was smooth as butter going 100, I tried to do 70 the whole way, but sometimes I would look down at my gauge cluster and be hitting 90 and not even realising it. Man I love that car...

Have you looked at your new Corolla yet? My 2005 LE's speedometer only goes to 110 MPH. I have driven the car that fast once, and I must say that it is not a plesant feeling. The Contour was fine at that speed. The thing is you are talking about 165 HP 2.5L V6 vs. 130 HP 1.8L I4, and 205/55R15 tires vs. 195/65R15 tires. You are also comparing two cars with suspensions tuned for different things. Remember that a Contour is a European designed car that in Mondeo trim is meant to cruise on the Autobahn and Autostrata. A Corolla is a Japanese designed car which is made to be reliable, efficient and economical to operate. Comparing a Corolla to a Contour isn't apples to apples.

The stock corolla tires are horrible and I wouldn't want to go over 100MPH with them. I wouldn't want to be next to anyone else on the road with lousy tires tying to go over 100MPH either. The Corolla suspention is safe enough, but if you want to speed, please get better tires.

I don't even like to speed in the Corolla. Mainly because it's not a fast car, the ECU is tunned for economy and I got the car for economy. I also want the car to last a long time, so it gets driven nicly.

That doesn't mean that your car would be safe. Your tires won't blow up, but they are very unstable. The stockers were screathing at me going around a wide curve at 45MPH. The side walls give in, they have lousy traction. THEY SUCK!!!!

If you drive fast on your stock tires, stay away from me!

H speed rated tires are capable of running 130MPH all day long. my car wont go 130, and at 100 it feels like its going to fly off the road.

i said NOTHING of me being safe at highspeed because my tires were rated higher than the car, you just assumed. please do not do that.

i have yokohama avid H4's with are AA (wet traction) A temp and 500 tread wear. theyre not the best handling tires but are a BIG step up from alot of the stock tires. they track straight and ride well, they are noisy on cement highways tho, very noisy. it has to do with the V shaped directional pattern.

My 2002 Corolla shakes doing 70 MPH. I try it get no faster than 65. Must be a combination of wheel balance and cheap alloy wheels.

H speed rated tires are capable of running 130MPH all day long. my car wont go 130, and at 100 it feels like its going to fly off the road.

i said NOTHING of me being safe at highspeed because my tires were rated higher than the car, you just assumed. please do not do that.

Why did you make the point that your tires can go faster then your car can go? Some people acually belive that a tire rating means that it's acually safe to go that fast.

Stop making troll post that don't mean anything.

because if you're going fast you need a tire speed rated to the conditions. you said something about the tire flying apart due to it being driven over its speed rating.

In my foolish youth...

pegged speedo on Valiant many many times (107 mph?)

About 125 on 1976 Camaro a few times - according to speedo - might have been 110 in reality

135 mph in Thunderbird SC - for about five minutes - pressing gas further made it downshift which redlined it...

Ticketed for doing 120 in a 1977 Fury...

Now I don't go that fast - other drivers aren't smart enough and half the time they're on the phone while they weave from lane to lane.

PS> "My 2002 Corolla shakes doing 70 MPH. I try it get no faster than 65. Must be a combination of wheel balance and cheap alloy wheels. " Or it's just its vibration zone. Try taking it to 80 and see if it stops.

the so called vibration zone is 100% a balance or wheel trueness issue. it could be as simple as adding hubcentric rings to the aftermarket wheels.

My daily commute is about 80MPH for an hour, each way. My car feels fine and there is no shaking or instability. I have gone faster, but I don't need to draw extra attention to myself, or get any speeding ticket. I have no vibration and am comfortable driving it that way. I am sure my fuel economy would be better if the speed was less, but the ride would take longer.

Edited by Bikeman982