Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  

How Fast Would You Go?

Guest hanijamal

i believe you can take it into a shop and get it removed.. but that voids your warranty and insurance goes up..plus im not quite sure if its legal to do it too..

but yes.. it is possible.. i have know some ppl with standard trannies that have gotten it off.. none in auto though :(

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!

Guest KnifeEdge_2K1

a stock corolla cant go that fast, hell the xrs cant go that fast, even tho the gearing theoretically lets it go 150mph it doesnt have the grunt to haul at that speed, maybe if you altered the Cd to like 0.1 then you can but i dont see any other way you can do it

Hit 175 kph this past weekend (108.5 mph) coming home from a weekend trip (behind a white Camaro that I could not keep up with).

This was the peak speed, on a slight downhill, but the car was still pulling quite nicely.

All was calm, smooth and stable at that speed. New car, tires less than a week old..good roads, cool conditions.

I don't know if it is governed, but judging on 'feel' the car was on it's way to 190 + kph for sure if not (118 mph).

Cruised for some time in the 140-150 kph range....no sweat.

Edited by bradolloa

Guest scorpionzx1

well, so far i've only gotten mine up to 80 or so, but that was in a race, I haven't really tried a high speed run yet (2000 carolla le, manual, with plugs and an intake) its a work in progress.

Guest newbie

05' XRS 120mph, had to slow down from there cuz I would have passed my off-ramp.

Made it to 89-91 a couple times on my 2hr road trip this past weekend...handled like normal...heck i accelerated up a hill like it was nuthin from 75-90. very nice.

slowed down......strong fear of radars haha

Guest Bruno_XRS

I have driven my parents 05 CE 110 Miles an hour. cruising, maxxing out the speedometer, and I found it to be quite stable and smooth. just couldn't go any faster, probably limited. that's the record, at least until I get my XRS next week!!!

i've hit 93. the cam really comes on around 75 in 5th gear.

didn't feel too bad. was a nice smooth roade though. I wouldn't trust a little sedan on econo tires over 110 or so.

I once held my old 92 civic si at 115 for 2-3 minutes. that was nuts. i had to apex turns on the thruway. :unsure:

didn't buy the 'rolla for speed though. it's a nice reliable ride.

I've probably gone 85-90 in our 05. I've been in a fast line of traffic that was moving. Usually, I don't care to go over 72sh. The fuel economy really starts to drop after that.

The corolla is not a performance car, so I don't see the point in trying to go fast. The fastest I have ever driven in any car is about 135MPH. I did it once with a new set of Z rated tires and I don't really need to do it again. While I'm not afraid of driving fast, I sure as hell am afraid of a cop catching me going that fast :) Every now and then, I like to goose it above 100 when I have the road to myself in my project car. Other then that, I driver slower every year when I have a b-day.....

Guest fsck

i've gone 155mph in a 95 lexus SC400 with a friend and gotten caught by the CA highway patrol...they let me off with a warning.

i pegged the speedo in my 03 corolla LE on the 73 south just past the 55 interchange in irvine

i pegged the speedo in a 93 lexus es300 - about 140 +/-5 mph

my friend took me for a ride in his 450 whp Stage3 turbo rsx-s, we covered 50-160mph in around 10-14 sec. :blink:

I was *allegedly* going 115mph in a 89 Cavalier (125hp 2.8L V6, 3spd auto); speedometer maxed out of 85, and the person I was keeping up with said they were goign 115.

Other than that, I hit 111mph in a 00 Accord (150hp 2.3L I4, 4spd auto); got on the freeway at mile 18 and off the freeway at mile 20. I've been 100mph in that car a few times, for no reason other than because I could.

My 01 Corolla has not been driven faster than 71mph (by me).

Think about it, why would you gear an economy car to perform over 95 MPH?

I topended an 85 Camaro onetime. I'd tell you how fast, but the speedo wouldn't read over 85 in them days. I was also young and stupid. Now I rarely go obver 75, which I consider a safe interstate cruising speed. The car may feel smooth at 90+ MPH, but when you need to manuver, or worse, stop, you will regret it. Take it from an old guy, if you want to drive like that, try to find a track to do it on. The only thing worse than killing yourself would be killing someone else.