Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  

How Fast Would You Go?

I think I've had my '05 S up to 90 or 95 on the San Juan - Costa Mesa toll road, going downhill towards Laguna Canyon. I know it's at least 90. Don't want to go much faster, since I've seen multiple fatalities on that stretch of road right there.

have a 01 LE with around 48000 miles.

I usually cruise around 75-85 on highways. On open stretched, I easily go around 90 very often. I must say it is a drag at times especially on those days when engine sounds really rough (Does anyone have that issue?). However I have maxed out just over 100. This however needs favorable conditions, less cross winds, straight road or downward slope etc.

I don't think i had issues with handling, nor was I too afraid or anything. If its windy, I could feel my adrenaline up and my hands perspiring. But thats just some days. Its probably more to do with me than the car itself.

Hmm...i got my 93 1.8L corolla dx to around 120 before....i frequently go 100 in it....you just need to be calm and not freak out if the steering wheel shakes a little, or alot :P oversteering=BAD

Hmm...i got my 93 1.8L corolla dx to around 120 before....i frequently go 100 in it....you just need to be calm and not freak out if the steering wheel shakes a little, or alot :P oversteering=BAD

That high?

The speedo on my '97 (same gen as your '93) only goes to 180km/h which is about 112mph. So US Corolla speedos go to 120mph.

Either that or you timed yourself.

Guest hanijamal

same here... my corolla would only go upto 180km's as well.. did that this morning going to work :D ...

i did not know it went up to 120 Miles on the american models..

On my '05 the speedo goes all the way to 240 kph/150 mph. Magazines have had the current generation corolla with the 1ZZ-FE motor with manual transmission up to 200 kph at which it was restricted by gearing.

Since the top gear gearing is 35% longer in the auto 200 clicks shouldn't be out of the question. I shall try that only if I go to the Northern Territory, the only place outside of germany where it is leagal to go as fast as you wish.

Guest KnifeEdge_2K1

after a well reputed member of UCP advised me to "open it up" on the highway to try to blast off any carbon deposits on the fuel injectors i had a few runs full accel, let it coast, full accel again, the fastest i got was 150 kph about 86 mph

2001 corolla ce auto 4 speed btw, and if anyone has advice for bad fuel economy please post on my thread "Bad Fuel economy"

Guest KnifeEdge_2K1
On my '05 the speedo goes all the way to 240 kph/150 mph. Magazines have had the current generation corolla with the 1ZZ-FE motor with manual transmission up to 200 kph at which it was restricted by gearing.

Since the top gear gearing is 35% longer in the auto 200 clicks shouldn't be out of the question. I shall try that only if I go to the Northern Territory, the only place outside of germany where it is leagal to go as fast as you wish.

um ... autobahn

On my '05 the speedo goes all the way to 240 kph/150 mph.

Same engine but your speedo goes to 150 mph? :o What else are the Americans missing out on? :P For starters, the American stock spec has "S" speed rated tires good for only 112 mph/180 km/h :( I assume this is why the speedo only goes up to this... What tires and speed rating do Australian Corollas have? Oh well, guess I can at least have fun trying to 'bury the needle' :P

On my '05 the speedo goes all the way to 240 kph/150 mph.

Same engine but your speedo goes to 150 mph? :o What else are the Americans missing out on? :P For starters, the American stock spec has "S" speed rated tires good for only 112 mph/180 km/h :( I assume this is why the speedo only goes up to this... What tires and speed rating do Australian Corollas have? Oh well, guess I can at least have fun trying to 'bury the needle' :P

Corolla XRS has a speedo going to 240.

The fastest I have gone is 145km/h. Over that I pull back.

Guest hanijamal

so this Corolla that goes up to 240 Kms..is that German ??

i dont think the candian or the american corolla's go up to that unless the limitor has been custom removed..

Hit 105 mph yesterday and it seemed very stable and very quiet with more in reserve.

I have H rated Falken 512's on so not worried about the tires not being able to cope thought to be honest I couldn't keep it at 100 as I was approaching heavier traffic.

I am sure she would cruise at 100 if the conditions were right.

The Car and Driver August 2004 review of the XRS says its top speed is 130 mph governor limited... But with peak power at 7600 rpm, I'd think it could go faster ;)

so this Corolla that goes up to 240 Kms..is that German ??

i dont think the candian or the american corolla's go up to that unless the limitor has been custom removed..

What is the limitor you mentioned?!? Any idea on how we could get it out? Not that I plan to .. jus curious.