Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  

How Fast Would You Go?

Guest nomad17

2001 has speed limiter somewhere around 115-120 (not sure, speedo runs out at 110). Scared me for a second when it felt like I bounced off a rev limiter but wasn't near redline. Haven't exceeded 85 in a while, run-in with a trooper changed my highway habits.

In my focus I did 110mph on my way back to NY from MA, got a ticket doing 84 on that trip. Just this weekend in my new xrs I was doing 105mph on cruise control from NC to MD. The car didn't even feel like it was going that fast.

Guest arizcats9987

I own a 1991 corolla with 170,000 plus miles on it. Today when i was driving home from work on the highway I hit around 92 and my car started to shake. I then got a little scarred that the whole thing was going to explode on me so i slowed down to the speed limit. Gotta love the corolla!!!

Guest Morg

On the same trip mentionned in the "what is the longest distance you've driven in one day" my girlfriend was caught by a trooper at 83 mph.. not funny

Guest 98corolla110k

my 98 corolla would only do like 112 mph if i pushed it right to the floor it seemed like it wanted to downshift didnt want to over rev the motor i think it is limited to that speed.many obd II vehicles are dont know why maybe for the police?

70 is fast enough for me. i hate hearing that lil motor scream like that <_<

Guest dlichterman

yeah and plus when your going over 80 in a corolla, you get that OH F*UCK feeling sometimes when there is a little wind and you start to swerve in your lane.....its scary

i think the fastest ive gone is around 80 cause i chickened out(lots of traffic and this sniping geo behind me that was all over the 3 right lanes i was trying to not get hit by :))

Edited by dlichterman

Guest PwnT

fastest i've gotten my '93 'rolla up to was about 120. I ran out of road and a curve was coming up, so I had to let off.. I rode it out in drive, didn't even hit the overdrive button. i wouldn't anyway, overdrive just slows it down. but yeah.. about 120 is the fastest mine has went. oh, and as long as your corolla is in a straight line, it's hard to lose control of it.. unless you're just a terrible driver. i, myself, like to corner race. i just need a few more mods to make my corolla handle perfectly. it handles real well as is. i took a "J" curve at about 60.. and that's fast as snip on a curve that sharp.. its exhilerating. going fast around a curve just gives me a fat boner. no im kidding, but it is nice.. lol. ok i'm bored and just rambling on here.. covering your front tires in oil is quite fun also, when you floor it they just start spinning like there's no end.. aha.. well, not really soaking them in it. but once, i was at the "gateway" a place where all the kids "hang" at.. aha, well, I poured just a little oil on my tires and floored it, and it revved so high and the tires got to spinning so fast, the oil burned off and the tires were just boiling smoke off of them. it was pre-sweet. ok i'm tired of typing now, shut up, go to sleep.. im out.

^^^ :D hahaha

That reminds me... what's that stuff they pour on the track for the dragsters?

erg.. can't remember.

I thought they just used water mixed with perhaps a little dishsoap. SOmetimes it's just water. But I've only been to the dragway once.

I once had mine up to 82, but then the mpg suddenly dropped, and I quickly backed off to the 30-35 mpg range.

Back when I went to the drags they used bleach out of big Chlorox bottles, but that was back in the Stone Age.

Guest BlackGT-S

I was doing around 120 in my 89 GT-S chasing a Volvo S40 who almost hit me 2x.....then the State Trooper showed up.....and he said "Son, you can pretty much forget about driving after tonight", well he was wrong...I still have my license but I got a nice hefty fine ($3500 and 5 points). They slapped me with speeding, reckless driving and endangering the life of a police officer....the points are killing me because of all the nice insurance surcharges I now get nailed with.

so going fast is cool but please everyone keep it at the track......or at least don't get caught :) :ph34r:

Guest rabbitasig

i have gotten my 98 corolla up to 110-115 on several occasions. it really didn't feel all that difficult.

Guest baddrunk69

I've gotten my 98 rolla up past 110 follow a camry down I95 to NY. It wa a blast.