• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 highbl00d

highbl00d

Neutral

• Active Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

I bought a used 99 corolla last June. Everything seemed fine and around 3 months later there were some noises and vibrations. Going over slightly rough roads there is some minor clanking noises. Im guessing it may be an axle or CV joint damaged?

Another issue I encountered is while driving, if I let off the gas and then accelerate again, there's sudden movement like a shift of weight that feels like either the trans or the engine. Bad mounts?

Aside from these 2 issues, the car runs great, but I dont know if it'll cost more to fix than to just sell... It's great on gas (as all of you already know), but I dont want to invest more money in the car than its worth....

Any help?

#2 corollamike

corollamike

2nd Gear

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

How long as it been since the car has received new shocks and struts? Struts are an integral part of the suspension, so if they're amiss, then you'll have clunks.

Engine mounts have been discussed at length in this forum. Give the subject a search, and you may find your answer.

Edited by corollamike, 05 May 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#3 highbl00d

highbl00d

Neutral

• Active Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

I dont know about the shocks and struts. I was told that to install new ones would cost a hefty dollar tho. Thanks for the response, I'll look into it !!