• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cori

cori

Neutral

• Active Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Hi everyone, i have a 99 corolla ve. driving condition: everyday driving no racing. city, highway, mountain, and long driving.

my clutch is almost gone and i contacted several shops the most inexpensive that i found is for 500$ installed with an EXEDY clutch kit they have this as a special deal with the flywheel machined. let me know if you guys know of a better deal and also if this clutch is good for beginners as well of this is for seasoned drivers only(performance) (im teaching my gf).

now the main part :rolleyes: ...
i have been quoted for rotors and brakes for 90$ labor; 120$ parts with brembo rotors and PBR pads.
so i did some research on the net. brembo rotors i have not seen anything bad at all and will cost me 52/rotor. if you guys have any suggestions of same quality and better proce; by all means let me know. this would be ordered online with free shipping :)

now the pads part.
i did some reviews on the PBR deluxe brake pads it seems like it gives off less dust with good braking power BUT there was a review that said PBR deluxe(the one im suppossedly getting) has issues when it is raining. the guy said he lost his brakes during a highway driving under rain and there were a couple of people who supported his review and said that the same thing happened to them too. I live in RAINCOUVER so im scared to get this part now.
on the same site there was an NPN brand that said it is OEM i only found one review on this and said nothing bad about it so kind of curious if any of you out there has used this brake pads before. and ofcourse there is this lorco brand that is a beck/arnly.

anything better out there that will not lead me to go broke please let me know.

i am planning on installing the parts myself thus looking around for parts on my own. save me the labor cost :rolleyes:

any input appreciated. thanks!! hope to hear from all of you soon!!!! :rolleyes:

#2 Sonix

Sonix

3rd Gear

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Brembo makes the rotors that came with the car and they are very durable!