• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vermsky

vermsky

Neutral

• Active Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

I have an 03 corolla S A/T with almost 110k miles on it. I have noticed something weird with the A/C. First time it happened, it would not blow cold air. I turned both the A/C and blower off and let it run for a few miles on the freeway and turned it back on. Cold air was blowing after that.

Next time it happened, I was driving on the side streets and it didn't blow cold air when I turned it on. I turned it off and tried again and again until it finally got cold air after 30 minutes.

So my question is, Do I only need to put freon in or should I take it to the shop to check for leaks and stuff?

Thanks.

#2 friendly_jacek

friendly_jacek

4th Gear

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

Common problem. Evaporator freezing over due to incorrect temp sensor. There was a free fix under warranty. Google for AC002-02.

#3 vermsky

vermsky

Neutral

• Active Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:12 PM

It said blower volume decreasing after 1-1/2 hours of driving and not the A/C not giving cold air at all. Anyways, I have seen where the problem lies. I have a defective M/G CLT relay which I need to replace. New part # 90987-02028.

#4 friendly_jacek

friendly_jacek

4th Gear

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

It said blower volume decreasing after 1-1/2 hours of driving and not the A/C not giving cold air at all.

No, this is not what you said.
You said:

I have noticed something weird with the A/C. First time it happened, it would not blow cold air.

I was trying to be helpful, but clearly wasted my time.

#5 vermsky

vermsky

Neutral

• Active Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

I thank you for your effort to help. This is what the forum is about.

Any help is always appreciated.